Disposable Mobile Phones

Howcome they are popular in the US and UK yet
they've not made an appearance here?

The US has had them for the last 3 years or so and the UK
too but I've never heard of anyone trying to market them here

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

I've never seen them since I've been living in the UK.

Apart from the environmental concerns, to me it seems like a pretty silly
idea for economic reasons also.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Do we need them? There's enough plastic bottles and fast food packaging
laying around, do we need more trash?
Tom

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

   I've never seen one in the US, but I do see the prepay type that you
can add minutes to by buying them in blocks.  The cards are available a
lot of places, and the cell phones are low end models, probably refurbs.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Couldn't the $50 ones be considered disposable already :-)

MrT.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Vodafone had a deal a few months back selling some Motorola phone for
$30. It was advertised as the 'Disposable Mobile'.

They sold out very quickly.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Most current phones are disposable. Let's see how many of the phones
sold today are still in working condition in three years.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

You are lucky to get a good 12-15 mths out of any new phone now

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Bullshit.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Spectacular logic, and deduction.

I take my hat off to you

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Pathetic excuse for bullshit.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

 a good 12-15 mths out of any new phone now

I agree, your response was

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Pathetic, really. Even a dunny cleaning fuckwit child
should be able to do better than that pathetic effort.

Obviously not.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

I have been lucky then.  had a kyocera CDMA 3245 for about 2 years, no
problem

i notice too that telstra techs still use the old model kyocera phones
that have been around for many many years

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

keyboard and composed:

IME, the relatively high price of replacement batteries is what
renders a phone disposable.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Disagree, nowadays.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

finger to keyboard and composed:

Should I buy a $30 battery for a 3-year-old phone, or a new phone for
$80?

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Thats because we already have cheap NON-DISPOSABLE phones

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

Of course they're disposable, they just aren't marketed as such.

MrT.

Re: Disposable Mobile Phones

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:20:41 +0930, Kissing Lettuce

What are you talking about? In the seven years I've lived in the UK,
I've never once heard anyone (or even in uk.telecom.mobile!) talk of a
disposable phone.

Point me to where I can buy a phone marketed as such...

--

Cheers,

Jason.