Dimmers - Rip off

SNIP

CPC (Combined Precision Components) is a separate division of Farnell Premier and they seem to operate as a separate entity from Farnell On-line.

The parts I ordered came in a padded envelope and each item was in its own sealed bag at an all up cost of UKP22.20 including the freight charge of UKP7.50. At this rate they don't seem to be trying to make a profit on the post and packaging side of the sale.

I can't say if they have the same catalogue of items as FArnell but I would certainly give them a try if you want something you see in the Farnell product range. It can't hurt to send them an email and ask for pricing.

Ross H

Reply to
Ross Herbert

I've bought a whole bunch of nice HPM ones from DSE. Not so much because of the individual switches, whicvh is nice, but because the sockets themselves are decent quality. Without exception every plug-board I've bought in the last 6 years has been cheap shit - fine if you never want to unplug things, but the internals are easily damaged.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I have experienced all the above but have found the following Farnell don't sell UK specific items in OZ as many are restricted items and as Chris said they don't fit our standard GPO's and light switches. If you want them they might take a non returnable order They do try and shift sales to the local branch which makes sense to me but Farnell UK and CPC do take web orders on occasion and ship without question as long as you pay. They don't stock everything and have started to show this in their new catalogue with a an S just like RS show TC on the items that they carry Delivery from US is only 30 bucks but is UPS and not post. I'd like a cheaper option

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike