Digitor G5151 ctv - no hor. drive.

Greetings group.
Digitor ctv model G5151.

Power light always stays red in standby mode or on mode.

Output voltages from power supply 8v and 83v(B+)

There is no horizontal drive signal from IC100 (OM8361), pin 37.

The adjustment for B+ only varies the v by around 5v.

Caps and many diodes/resistors tested.

Unable to find a schematic yet.

Can anyone please tell me if the B+ is correct?

What pins on IC100 are the power pins and what should the voltages be?

Any other info?

Thanks,
Russell Griffiths.

Re: Digitor G5151 ctv - no hor. drive.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:45:26 +1100, "Russell Griffiths"

Is this datasheet (TDA8361) the correct one?
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/TDA8360_61_62_3.pdf

Can you trace the circuit in this area? It may be possible to
calculate the correct voltage from the component values.

Have you tried DSE's service department?

Vp, pin 10, 8V ???

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Digitor G5151 ctv - no hor. drive.

Russell, B+ seem s a bit low.
Is the Horz Output Transistor ok.
Is vertical drive present.pin 43
Is VSTART present pin 36
OM8631 see TDA 8631
Vp  PIN 10  8V
Check yoke windings for s/c turns
Cheers
Joe

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/TDA8360_61
_62_3.pdf

Re: Digitor G5151 ctv - no hor. drive.

Greetings Joe.
Yes I thought the B+ was a bit low too, but I have not yet found out what it
should be.
The HOT appears to be o.k.
I will check the other things you have mentioned.

Ta,
Russell Griffiths.

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/TDA8360_61

Re: Digitor G5151 ctv - no hor. drive.

Thanks for the info. (again) Franc.
I have just downloaded the datasheet and it looks like the chip I have.
Thanks for the other info, I will let you know how the job turns out.

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat_download/datasheets/TDA8360_61_62_3.pdf

Re: Digitor G5151 ctv - no hor. drive.

Hi Russell,

You could try the DSE service department although I don't know if they will
help you as these units are serviced under contract by Telefix, so they may
be your best bet for a schematic.

Mike

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:45:26 +1100, "Russell Griffiths"

Re: Digitor G5151 ctv - no hor. drive.

Thanks Mike.
I will try them both if I have too.
Bye,
Russell Griffiths

will
may

Re: Digitor G5151 ctv - no hor. drive.

No worries Russell.The B+ sould be around 110-120v depending of the design
and size of the CTV.