Digital TV noise - Page 2

Re: Digital TV noise

Works OK here...

Chris.

Re: Digital TV noise
"Chris"

** The link is corrupt on my news server: " individual.net" .

   Got the right one on Google Groups.

  The antenna is NOT a fringe area type.

...  Phil

Re: Digital TV noise

yes it is..
http://www.radioparts.com.au/ProdView.aspx?popup=1&Category=SXDD0505&Product00%720400&ProdDesc=OMX550P+VHF%2fUHF+FRINGE+ANTENNA

Re: Digital TV noise

That's odd. I use individual.net and the link worked for me. Perhaps
the problem is with your news client.

Re: Digital TV noise

I think the problem is between his ears..

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: Digital TV noise

"felix dunger  = shithead "

** Piss off   -  shit for brains fuckwit.

Re: Digital TV noise

"Petzl"

** Campbelltown is 53kms from the transmitters at Artarmon and there is high
ground between.

 Consider yourself lucky to get any UHF signal at all.

 Try using a 3 metre long UHF Yagi on a 20 metre high mast.

 VHF should be OK with a fringe area antenna too.

...  Phil

Re: Digital TV noise

I just ran "setup" and those Digital above vanished entirely but get 9
on Analogue?
I will when I feel need arises just call a TV antennae/aerial guy they
should know. Not keen on getting on roof myself
--
 Petzl
http://tinyurl.com/abba-money-money-money-midi

Re: Digital TV noise

I don't do that. Just put two backets onto peaked end of house(not barge
board) and then put both aerials on top of a piep of thin pipe and
lifted it up and clamped to the brackets. By "lift", I meant used and
acro prop actually.

Re: Digital TV noise
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:34:42 +1100, terryc

What language is that?

=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=
God is a spirit. 0% proof!

Re: Digital TV noise

In that case, it might be the area. I often loose 9 & 10 grp. now 7, 9,
7 10 groups of channels.

Naah, if I'm at roof top, I have line of sight, but freznel affects
might kick in.

Same area. The longest UHF TV aerial from Jaycar combined with something
like this
http://jaycar.com.au/productResults.asp?keywords=LT3195&keyform=KEYWORD&SUBMIT.x=0&SUBMIT.y=0

Current combination is about 6m from ground.

Thank you for the technical assistance, but frankly, give the general
content on TV these days, I would find it hard to invest the time,
effort and money in researching a suitable mast, then gaining council
approval, then installing it.

Bit cloudy and snowy at time, but far more reliable than the digital
channels.

Re: Digital TV noise

I can have good signal level and quality, and getting a good picture,
but when there is interference present the interference gets to a
certain level and suddenly the digital TV signal strength and signal
quality just fall off a cliff and head towards zero. The picture and
sound either just disappear or are completely unwatchable because of
picture breakup, sound gone, etc

Digital TV works well while it is working, but there is no gradual
degradation with increasing interference, it just suddenly stops
working altogether.

I'm in a reception "black spot". High voltage powerline insulator
breakdown is a problem with hot, dry North winds. Cars with "hot"
unsuppressed ignitions are a nightmare for reception.

(On that note I've seen a "hot" ignition car put wide rolling bands of
noise all over the SBS analogue signal. Talk about a high powered
spark transmitter! _All_ the digital TV was just wiped out with this
car, which for a time belonged to the lad next door.)

Ross

Re: Digital TV noise
Just as an addendum, I've recently replaced a general VHF channel 2-12
aerial with a log-periodic Channel VHF 6-12 antenna.

My old VHF aerial had pretty poor signal strength up at Channel 11-12
(where digital 2 and 10 are located), and the new aerial has vastly
improved performance on these two channels, which are much more
reliable now

It is 39C today with a north wind but there is no power-line
interference today, and reception on all digital channels is perfect.

Ross

Re: Digital TV noise

Thats just plain wrong.

Re: Digital TV noise
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 05:54:55 +1100, David Barnett

That's my thinking a new Aerial (I can see Centrepoint on a clear day)
Just can't yet to be bothered
--
 Petzl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWpAgoJHUk

Re: Digital TV noise

Look a little bit more to the left, the the next set of towers, then LH
side.

Re: Digital TV noise
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:08:03 +1100, terryc

I would will get a TV guy to do it from local paper.
Strange that last week I got everything (but always did have the odd
time Channel 7 would disappear) Can't see any changes to aerial still
looks OK?
--
 Petzl
http://tinyurl.com/abba-winner-takes-it-all-midi

Re: Digital TV noise
  Not to belittle the OP's and other P's problems, but I find this
thread somewhat amusing, considering the recent mention (in aus.comms?)
that FTA digital TV - i.e. DVB-T - is perfectly fine!

  I'm grateful that I have DVB-*C*, while even that gives the - very -
occasional hiccup. If I couldn't have DVB-C, I would get IPTV and only
if my TV screen broke, I would get DVB-T! :-)

--
Frank
from a country where they took *down* the masts/antennas *four* *decades* ago!

Re: Digital TV noise

woops, gottoa go, my turn to man the pumps.....

Re: Digital TV noise

not everyone sits at their computer all day reading newsgropes..

depends where you are! I know ppl who have foxtel solely to get the FTA
channels reliably

I'll have to have all that translated..

--
rgds,