Digital TV In Australia - Page 4

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Orrr so..! velly solly.

--
rgds,

Pete
-----
Re: Digital TV In Australia

Yoo mak bigg miztak.  I nod chinaman.  Nod niponman also.  Nod slophed.
Goddit?  Unnerstan mee, deekbrane?

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Youa wog den? Iffa not, you needa lerna gooder engleesh.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

I theenk yoo mak funn ov mee!  I vizitt yoo wid mi nu frenn, Meesta Phil.
Wee lerna yoo gud - reel gud.  Yoo geddme, sheet fur branes?

Wad yer adresse, hay?

Yoo cann runn, bud yoo no hyde...

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Sounds like your trying to act as a koori. And if you are your failing
real bad.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

koori iz fud frum india, no?  Hou I act as a koori, pliz to axplin?

Re: Digital TV In Australia

That is one of the (potential) minor problems I noted in another post.
Depends on the STB, signal strength and the installation though.
Worse case, as Phil said is you get a momentrary freeze frame and
sometimes an audio "pop" with it, not a big deal really for those it
happens too.
The benefits of digital far outweight the minor problems IMHO.

Dave :)

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Had no problems at all in Melb Metro during slight or severe thunderstorm.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Digital television is still using the same frequencies as the normal
analogue television but the carrier wave will contain the digital signal
rather than the both.

Digital television can come in standard definition and there are high
definition channels.  The following channels are in High definition in the
major cities of Australia.

Channel 20 for Channel 2
Channel 30 for SBS 28
Channel 70 for Channel 7
Channel 90 for Channel 9
Channel 12 for Channel 10.

Digital television also has sub-channels that most television stations can
utilise as the second camera channel for major sporting events.  Channel 21
is the ABC-2 and Channel 31 is the SBS News.  Both government stations also
has a few channels that is broadcasting the radio.

For more info try this: http://www.dba.org.au/

Re: Digital TV In Australia

"LDL"

**  LDL has mixed up the facts quite a bit.

The channel numbers he quotes above are the new, agreed digital channel
numbers  -   NOTHING  to do with the official analogue FREQUENCY related
ones that have been around for decades.

In reality:

ABC uses analogue Ch 12  for SD, HD and ABC2.

Channel 7  uses analogue Ch 6  for  SD and  HD.

Channel  9  uses analogue Ch 8  for  SD and  HD.

Channel 10 uses analogue Ch 11  for  SD and  HD.

SBS uses analogue Ch 34  for SD,  HD and SBS 2.

( Channel 31 is an analogue signal only )

Each old analogue channel can accommodate 2 x SD and 1 x HD signal
simultaneously.

........   Phil

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Maybe LDL has been on too much of the UDL?

Re: Digital TV In Australia

LSD, morelike.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

I was refering to the digital channels in their location not in comparison
to the analogue - smart mouth.

And no, I was not drinking.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

"LDL"

 **  Were you  ?

 I don't think you have a tiny clue.

**  Never said you were.

.........   Phil

Re: Digital TV In Australia

And what makes you the expert?

Re: Digital TV In Australia

He has the tiniest clue.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

"Phil Allison"

**  The above is true for the Sydney area and also other capital cities,
 except for Ch 31 which is seen only in Sydney.

In rural areas, the VHF band has already been phased out almost
completely and digital TV appears on UHF channels.

See:

 http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID22 %

........   Phil

Re: Digital TV In Australia

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:42:44 +1100, "Phil Allison"

Hi Phil

Actually, we have Channel 31 in Perth - a 'Public Access' program.

I presume Sydney is similar ?

Dave

Re: Digital TV In Australia

"Dave Goldfinch"
"Phil Allison"

**  I see there are Channel 31s in most of the capitals -  that UHF
frequency has been allocated to Community TV ( CTV)

  Each of them is operated by a different license holder and are analogue
only.

  Thanks for the tip Dave.

Site Timeline