Digital TV In Australia - Page 3

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Kinky.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

I'll second that motion.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

That usually indicates a weak signal, or a crappy (or faulty) STB.

rgds,

Pete
-----
Re: Digital TV In Australia

"pedro"

 **  WRONG.

  Lightning is a very powerful source of interference.

 **  Wrong again.

 Freeze framing is JUST what STBs are designed to do if the signal is
corrupted.

........   Phil

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Arr. fuck off. I said usually numb nuts. It's usually the case when
there's a freeze frame that the signal is weak.

And so the digital signal is weak or corrupted, hence the freeze frame.

No.

Right. When there's a weak signal as I said (or an interrupted signal)
or if the box is crappy and gets it's knickers in a knot, or is faulty-
like I said.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

"pedro"

** Learn to bloody read  -   wog cretin.

  The topic was  **lightening**  interference.

  That can corrupt even the strongest signal.

**  WRONG  -   that is  *usually* a sign of a burst of EMI.

 **  Grow up  -  wog idiot.

**  Nothing  to do with the topic of lightning.

     You  PITA  dumb as dog shit,  troll.

   .........   Phil

Re: Digital TV In Australia

The autistic toaster-boy from Summer Hill is back in classic form after a
week's treatment.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Thiz Phil guy, is reel personne?  No jokink??

Re: Digital TV In Australia

"Rhapsody"

  **  One thing is for sure.

        You are not.

........  Phil

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Haye theer, Mr Phil. Yoo arr reel! Yoo seam lik reel good guy. I cum
visitt wid yoo, yes?  I brink big boddel.

Whair yoo liv, Mr Phil?

Re: Digital TV In Australia

But I wasn't talking about lightning. I was making a general comment
about freeze frame.

I'm a WASP shithead!

Fuck off and die!

Re: Digital TV In Australia

"pedro"

 **  Wrong place.

      Wrong time.

      Idiot  TROLL.

...........  Phil

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Everyone knew that, but thanks for the confirmation.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

You're welcome.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

You're stupid, but thanks for playing.

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Just showing you how stupid you are. Now feck off!

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Oh - ok.

< What a strange person. >

Re: Digital TV In Australia

Actually, 'weak signal', or more accurately, low signal-to-noise, results in
a bit stream which has errors. This can be dealt with in a number of ways by
the STB, and the most customer-friendly is just to freeze the output until
the errors go away (or at least return to a level that can be dealt with by
the ECC).

Ken

Re: Digital TV In Australia

That's right. And sometimes the STB will do it even with a good signal,
as Panasonic is noted for.

rgds,

Pete
-----
Re: Digital TV In Australia

Pliz not to endink ov tha sentanse wid an PREPOSITION.

Site Timeline