farnell only have it in surface mount which is beyond my soldering skills.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Re: Digital to analogue converter

can you use the microcontroller to send the pulses directly?
You're going digital to analogue purely to make a single digital output.

Herc

Re: Digital to analogue converter

The regulars on this forum are very helpful

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/

Re: Digital to analogue converter

MAX550

8 bit DIP with SPI input. Get them as a sample from Maxim.

Works a treat..

--
Bill
www.electronworks.co.uk