Digital Radio

Can I get digital radio stations on my mobile phone? TIA.,

-- rgds,

Pete

------- It's not about Islam!..

Islam is a religion of peace!..
"The right to free speech includes the right to offend" "ISIS's actions represent no faith, least of all the Muslim faith"

-Barack Obama, idiotic President of the USA

Reply to
felix_unger

Ahhhh, let me see, I'll look up my data base of all the internet users digital phones. Hmmm, strange I don't have yours on record. Does it look like a brick with a long antenna?? If so, you cant get digital radio.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

no, it's an Android smartphone, Sony Xperia Z1. I use the TuneInRadio app to listen to AM/FM

--
rgds,

Pete
-------
It's not about Islam!.. http://ausnet.info/pics/islam.png
Islam is a religion of peace!.. http://thereligionofpeace.com
http://pamelageller.com/
http://www.barenakedislam.com/
"The right to free speech includes the right to offend"
"ISIS's actions represent no faith, least of all the Muslim faith"
-Barack Obama, idiotic President of the USA
Reply to
felix_unger

Don' know,I can't get digital radio with a digital radio.

Reply to
F Murtz

It's a bit temperamental. Disappointing really.

Reply to
McAvity

No, it is where I live,dab coverage is limited to central population areas.

Reply to
F Murtz

You were able to get an AM/FM hand held radio for $20, now a digital is $100+

If the digital radio reception is as bad as digital TV, we are going backwards at a great rate of knots.

Only way I can get good reception TV in Tullamarine, right next to an international airport, is to have cable TV. Digital simply doesn't work.

What happened to technology progress in this area?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

http://www.dontronics-shop.com

All Olimex products now 60% to 95% off normal Olimex Prices.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olimex-ltd.html
Many other items discounted up to 95% off.
Also discounts on FTDI modules, Sparkfun, CCS, SimmStick, etc.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

a lot less on eBay, from about $30 from overseas sellers

If the digital tv signal drops below a certain level, you either get pixilation or you get nothing, unlike analogue where you will still get a (bad) picture, so I'm guessing that with a digital car radio it will keep cutting out if the signal level drops too low, which will be extremely frustrating

that seems to be a common thing

but analogue transmission can't supply the high resolutions that digital can afaik

the Labor government has promised to upgrade police (and SES too I think) communications in country areas to digital, but the cops are saying it won't work well due to the 'line of sight' reception that digital requires. hills and bushland will prevent that, they're saying

--
rgds,

Pete
-------
It's not about Islam!.. http://ausnet.info/pics/islam.png
Islam is a religion of peace!.. http://thereligionofpeace.com
http://pamelageller.com/
http://www.barenakedislam.com/
"The right to free speech includes the right to offend"
"ISIS's actions represent no faith, least of all the Muslim faith"
-Barack Obama, idiotic President of the USA
Reply to
felix_unger

how much resolution does a "roger that "demand ?

the labouring govco promises a great deal ,

only thing they get right is pissing away billions ,

line of sight is about it so country wise digital will have issues

Reply to
atec77

That's mad. Its MUCH better here with digital TV.

That isnt the case with digital TV anywhere else much.

Its working fine.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I was referring to TV. you can't get 1080p with analogue transmisson

--
rgds,

Pete
-------
It's not about Islam!.. http://ausnet.info/pics/islam.png
Islam is a religion of peace!.. http://thereligionofpeace.com
http://pamelageller.com/
http://www.barenakedislam.com/
"The right to free speech includes the right to offend"
"ISIS's actions represent no faith, least of all the Muslim faith"
-Barack Obama, idiotic President of the USA
Reply to
felix_unger

you're kidding, right?

--
rgds,

Pete
-------
It's not about Islam!.. http://ausnet.info/pics/islam.png
Islam is a religion of peace!.. http://thereligionofpeace.com
http://pamelageller.com/
http://www.barenakedislam.com/
"The right to free speech includes the right to offend"
"ISIS's actions represent no faith, least of all the Muslim faith"
-Barack Obama, idiotic President of the USA
Reply to
felix_unger

I have digital radio installed in my car, and it seems to work fine most of the time, much better than (UHF translator) digital TV at my home, which is in the foothills of the Dandenongs in Melbourne).

There are one or two areas in my suburb where the digital radio signal disappears, and it doesn't work in the toll road tunnels, but on the whole, it's better than I expected.

Peter

Reply to
Pete

Nope.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What antenna have you got? TV bandwidth has been squozen down to fit in more phone and LTE...

In Sydney, all the digital TV channels are duplicated between VHF (177.5-191.6MHz) and UHF (529-564MHz) except for the ABC, which is only on 226.5MHz. At least that's what I see with my RTL2838-based USB DTV receiver.

So here, you only need two fairly narrow bands (530-565MHz, and 226MHz) and with a reasonable Yagi you'd be set.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

much of the time neither does ""digital""

Reply to
atec77

that's true. but I notice that more broadcasts are coming in 1080i, and I feed thru an amp which upscales to 1080p, so everything I watch is in

1080p
--
rgds,

Pete
-------
It's not about Islam!.. http://ausnet.info/pics/islam.png
Islam is a religion of peace!.. http://thereligionofpeace.com
http://pamelageller.com/
http://www.barenakedislam.com/
"The right to free speech includes the right to offend"
"ISIS's actions represent no faith, least of all the Muslim faith"
-Barack Obama, idiotic President of the USA
Reply to
felix_unger

that's good to hear then

--
rgds,

Pete
-------
It's not about Islam!.. http://ausnet.info/pics/islam.png
Islam is a religion of peace!.. http://thereligionofpeace.com
http://pamelageller.com/
http://www.barenakedislam.com/
"The right to free speech includes the right to offend"
"ISIS's actions represent no faith, least of all the Muslim faith"
-Barack Obama, idiotic President of the USA
Reply to
felix_unger

clueless about the realities woddles googling wiki wont save you so wht qualification do you have to make so many fallacious claims apart from being pig ignorant

Reply to
atec77

Things in OZ seem to be lagging behind the rest of the world... including the fact that you poor bastards elected the Mad Monk!!!! I live in Germany, where terrestrial TV is virtually non-existent - the few broadcasters that are left only use SD digital, nobody is transmitting terrestrial HD.

That is because nearly all of the population has cable or satellite TV access. And it is cheap, only a fraction of what you poor suckers in Australia are forced to pay. I get 50 digital channels (10 in HD) for about $2 per month (they also send about 30 channels in analogue format down the cable for the fossils that haven't bought a digital TV). And the Internet is also MUCH cheaper than in OZ - you can get 50 to

100Mb per second plans with unlimited phone calls for less than $20/month.(With NO download limit).

So, get off your arse and demand a better deal for all Australians!

Reply to
BuckyBalls