Digital Radio

Is Digital radio only for city folks? Is anyone aware of plans to further
expand the digital radio signal to rural Australia?
If so when?

Thanks

Norman

Re: Digital Radio

One way to find out. Aldi have a digital radio in last weeks
catalogue.
Everything there can be returned in 90 days for any reason for a full
refund.

If you are unsure in your area and have an Aldi, you might want to try
this as a "real world" test.

Re: Digital Radio

Most stuff I've bought from Aldi gets returned for a refund, total crapola :(

Apart from their bananas.

Grant.

Re: Digital Radio

Glad their Bananas work.

Last time I got something, it was remote controlled standard AC power
controllers. Plug into a power point, and switched
on-off by a little remote control. Thought I would sprinkle them around the
place to save a bit of standby power on the
PCs, TVs etc. Unlike their Bananas, they didn't work. :-(

Digital radio?
What can I do with a digital radio, that my analogue one doesn't do?
If it doesn't pick up 3AW, is is of no value to me.

Cheers Don...

=======================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Digital Radio

Cred with the kids?
Otherwise it is a lot of money for the radio (and aerial?) for the same
old crud.

Re: Digital Radio

Don't expect hifi.

Re: Digital Radio

Agree on the bananas. (and food generally).
Our cats will only eat the Aldi or IGA brand dry food too ;)

Also got an update letter from WES components, they also are selling a
DAB radio for about $70 IRRC.
Looks like a basic, cheap portable radio, certainly not professional
audio gear (but so did the Aldi one.)

I admit, Im not in any rush to buy one. I only listen to the radio
while driving, and don't intend to replace the
car stereo, unless the other stations go off air completely.

Finally, how is the DAB signal broadcast ?  does in come via the
conventional FM system
- in a similar way to digital TV utilising the existing UHF antenna
(and broadcasting?)  system
Or does it have its own separate special transmitter ?

Re: Digital Radio

Battery eaters.........two weeks if you are lucky. Don't waste the $'s

Site Timeline