digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?

Now that the digital photo frames are becoming more and more common, I'm
just wondering if there is such a thing as a seperate controller interface
for a standard lcd screen (VGA) that will allow the user to run a spare 15,
17, 19" monitor as a digital photo frame?

Something that has a SD/USB/CF slot that will autoplay photos stored on the
media and display it on the screen?

I've seen many 2.5"/3.5" HDD storage cases that have this function, but I'm
just after a removeable card/key media interface...........

anyone know of such a beast?

Re: digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?
anyone??????

Re: digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?

There really isn't a big market for that sort of thing, as if you have a
monitor (without composite input) you usually have a computer attached.
Most HDD Media players are targeted to TV output formats, but there are a
few with VGA outputs like you say. Why not simply use one without the HDD?

In any case I found a non HDD one here by Googling "media player with vga
output"
http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/100376397/POP_Media_Player.html

Dave.

Re: digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:17:04 +1000, "princo coasters"

There are DVD players that have a VGA output connector and a card
interface. Just run the JPEGs as a slide show ...

- Franc Zabkar

Re: digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?

Yep, a second video card off your computer.

Then run a slideshow in it.

Re: digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?

Hi !

Thanks for the replies......

As originally stated, I'm looking for a one-board solution (the suggestion
from David Jones comes closest to the pin! but can't find an option to buy
or pricing from the link provided - still waiting to hear from mfr.)

A PC based, or DVD based solution wont cut it - I dont want to hang a cd
player or a PC off the wall....lol

It needs to be the equivalent of removing the screen from an existing
digital hang-on-the-wall photo frame, minus the LCD panel.....that will
allow the user to interchange panels.

I've used google (not a novice here.....) and I can't find any solutions
that fit the above requirements.........

I still need your help!

Thanks to all again.......

Re: digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?

Er, do they make vga wireless links?
Then you just hand the lcd or screen on the wall and wireless linkit to a
hidden PC (:-).

Re: digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?

hmmmmm.........not sure about that, but I'd like it totally independant of a
PC - standalone.......

cheers!

Site Timeline