digital photo frames - is there a seperate controller i/face available?

Now that the digital photo frames are becoming more and more common, I'm just wondering if there is such a thing as a seperate controller interface for a standard lcd screen (VGA) that will allow the user to run a spare 15,

17, 19" monitor as a digital photo frame?

Something that has a SD/USB/CF slot that will autoplay photos stored on the media and display it on the screen?

I've seen many 2.5"/3.5" HDD storage cases that have this function, but I'm just after a removeable card/key media interface...........

anyone know of such a beast?

Reply to
princo coasters

anyone??????

Reply to
princo coasters

There really isn't a big market for that sort of thing, as if you have a monitor (without composite input) you usually have a computer attached. Most HDD Media players are targeted to TV output formats, but there are a few with VGA outputs like you say. Why not simply use one without the HDD?

In any case I found a non HDD one here by Googling "media player with vga output"

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:17:04 +1000, "princo coasters" put finger to keyboard and composed:

There are DVD players that have a VGA output connector and a card interface. Just run the JPEGs as a slide show ...

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Yep, a second video card off your computer.

Then run a slideshow in it.

Reply to
terryc

Hi !

Thanks for the replies......

As originally stated, I'm looking for a one-board solution (the suggestion from David Jones comes closest to the pin! but can't find an option to buy or pricing from the link provided - still waiting to hear from mfr.)

A PC based, or DVD based solution wont cut it - I dont want to hang a cd player or a PC off the wall....lol

It needs to be the equivalent of removing the screen from an existing digital hang-on-the-wall photo frame, minus the LCD panel.....that will allow the user to interchange panels.

I've used google (not a novice here.....) and I can't find any solutions that fit the above requirements.........

I still need your help!

Thanks to all again.......

Reply to
princo coasters

Er, do they make vga wireless links? Then you just hand the lcd or screen on the wall and wireless linkit to a hidden PC (:-).

Reply to
terryc

hmmmmm.........not sure about that, but I'd like it totally independant of a PC - standalone.......

cheers!

Reply to
princo coasters