Digital ballast for high pressure sodium lamp. Schematics?

Hi!

Those ballasts are available for around $150 in aquaristic shops, and
are told to have much better efficiency, prolong the life of the bulb etc.
I was unable to find any schematics, or even ICs of which I could use at
least the datasheets. Anyone has links, or whatever might help me?

Thanks, Ragnar

Re: Digital ballast for high pressure sodium lamp. Schematics?

    You're right ... I just searched Google for information for 30
minutes, and I didn't find anything useful either. Only sites demanding
that I register/pay to see what they've got. :(

Bob

Re: Digital ballast for high pressure sodium lamp. Schematics?

Thanks for your efford, this seems to be one of the more "secret"
developments...but finally I found something, probably of help to
others, too.

http://www.pwm.pe.kr/hidballast.html