Dick Smith TV ads

so Dick has made another cringe worthy TV ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7y6iE0aB5s

Like this one from 1982:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbCr15KkBxY

...  Phil

Re: Dick Smith TV ads

About as cringe-worthy as the Coles Quo ads too.
This kind of advertising is looking more American every day!

ROTFLMAO, I hadn't seen that one before!

Re: Dick Smith TV ads

**Pretty sneaky too. None of the TV stations will air his ads, but the
public interest is so great that millions will watch them on youtube. He
doesn't have to pay the TV stations a single cent to air them. Brilliant!

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Dick Smith TV ads

"Trevor Wilson"

** Not entirely true.

The ad will run but not during the evening TV news as booked, since it has a
PG rating.

Ch 9 have told Dick he will be billed for the time slot in any case  -
unless he can come up with a new, less " adult " ad for them to run.

The ad going "viral" is probably as intended.

...   Phil

Re: Dick Smith TV ads

Very cunning. Getting 'free' publicity from the press and TV stations
via the censorship bureau.

Re: Dick Smith TV ads

Poor old Dick. Suffering acute delusions of relevance.

Re: Dick Smith TV ads

How appropriate - Dick Smith selling groceries....

geoff

Re: Dick Smith TV ads

:-)
Nice twist.

BTW When I have my two kids telling me about it, and my wife showing it to me on
her iPOD, then it has gone viral, and
Dick has done his job. All sorted.

As Ugly Dave would have said "Clever Dick"

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Dick Smith TV ads

If Graham hadn't fallen down the stairs pissed he'd have said "Faaark!"

Re: Dick Smith TV ads

Wasn't that after he had fallen down the stairs? :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Dick Smith TV ads

Probably, I'm going on media reports...

Re: Dick Smith TV ads
Dick is clearly the long-lost brother Wiggle, cast out from the core
group for his bespectacled look! He must have attempted to form his own
electro-wiggle group, but it did not appeal to the masses!

Site Timeline