Design of Electronic Vehicle Anti-theft Gadget

See
http://www.youtube.com/watch?vFF%b5_mKfnR8
for details

Re: Design of Electronic Vehicle Anti-theft Gadget

Um, a great little simple touch-controlled switch, but exactly how does this
stops somebody pinching your car seems to have been omitted....

geoff

Re: Design of Electronic Vehicle Anti-theft Gadget

It just connects to the starting solenoid like any other kill switch.
The schematic shows it:
http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/dandavies/images/schematic_ani.gif
but yes, a distinct lack of instruction in the area of actually wiring it up
considering the amount of effort put into telling you how to make it.

And don't forget to lick your fingers!
http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/dandavies/operating%20instructions.htm

Although why he wasted money on two patents is beyond me.

Dave.

Re: Design of Electronic Vehicle Anti-theft Gadget

Well I knew that - but given at the audience that this appears aimed at, is
a glaring omission !

If it is indeed your finger that you are palnning to operate it with ....

I didn't think you could patent something so generic and obvious.

geoff

Re: Design of Electronic Vehicle Anti-theft Gadget

You usually can't, but you can easily patent your particular implementation
of it.
Then of course it's trivally easy for anyone to get around your patent.
And if you want to protect it, you'd better have really really deep pockets.

Of course, Don Lancasters classic must get an airing:
http://www.tinaja.com/patnt01.asp

Dave.