Denon DP-1200 Direct Drive Record Player - Turntable

Greetings All,

Denon DP-1200 Direct Drive Record Player - Turntable

Would anyone have a circuit/schematic or any service information for this turntable please? Fault: erratic speed, on both 33 & 45.

Thanks

Colin

Reply to
Colin Horsley

On Mon, 10 May 2010 11:34:39 +1000, "Colin Horsley" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Try looking for a similar model here:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

**Check the magnetic sensor (looks like a cassette deck record/play head), sited near the inside rim of the platter. If it has a broken wire, or if it is sited too far (there should be a fore and aft adjustement) from the inside rim (where the magnetic information is recorded) then speed may be erratic.IME, these things are pretty reliable, but I have seen the odd sensor head problem. Be careful not to damage the magnetic strip.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

If it has 1/2 speed setting pot/s check they are not worn/dirty.

N_Cook

I fixed a similar Denon (might have been the same model) which had a bad drive transistor (TO-220 package). It was opening up emitter-base. The turntable would run for a bit, then get erratic and even stop altogether. The coarse or fine speed adjustment pots are a more common (generic)problem; often cleaning them will fix.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Denon DP-1200 Direct Drive Record Player - Turntable

Would anyone have a circuit/schematic or any service information for this turntable please? Fault: erratic speed, on both 33 & 45. Thanks Colin ________________________________ Thanks to everybody for your feedback. I'll work on them all, and get back to you and let you know how it went. Thanks again!

Colin

Reply to
Colin Horsley