Deliveries from RS Components, Courier's Please

Usually these things either get stuffed into my letter box, or left on my doorstep, but twice recently, the tracking status says that a delivery was attempted, but that I was closed ("closed"? It's a private residence). No card was left.

On the earlier occasion the item was left on my doorstep the next day, without so much as a knock, and I was definitely in when it was delivered. It remains to be seen whether the second such package will arrive tomorrow.

I rather suspect that no such attempt is being made. Anyone else had trouble with Couriers Please?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Usually have no problems. I think any issues come down to the individual courier doing the drop off. Some DGAF, some do.

Reply to
BM2335

Mine all come by Toll, although I haven't ordered anything in a little while. I hope their heven't switched services because "Couriers Please" (what sort of a name is that?) always drop off their parcels at the local post office rather than bother to come out to the middle of nowhere to find me. Maybe that's why I get them by Toll...

Toll actually forward the parcels on to local courrier companies for deliveries out in the sticks.

As I understand it, the courier officially needs the parcel to have a note saying that they have "authority to leave" it without getting a signature. I believe some of my RS parcels have come with a fluorescent sticker on them to that effect, but many haven't.

--

I put in an order on 7/4/2017 with stock coming from local and international warehouses.

The local package arrived from NSW with a Toll Priority sticker and a clear yellow "No Signature Required" sticker on one corner, also with the Toll logo on it. It got here on 12/4/17, not Toll's best performance.

The international package actually did arrive by Couriers Please, but in the hands of the same sub-contractor who delivers the Toll packages to me. It arrived on Wednesday (19/4/17), and I had to sign for it.

The Couriers Please package was a box whereas the Toll one was a padded bag. In the past I've got boxes sent by Toll. Read into this what you will.

--