Decent component drawers - finally !

I have had for maybe 10 years a fantastic component/utility  "32+1" drawer
set 32 (small) + 1(big), 4 across, and 8(+1) down. Each small drawer has
dividers into 3, so can take a full E12 range (Rs or Cs) across one width.
Nice waxy flexible polypropylene(?) . Some years ago I decided I needed to
up the capacity to anoterher unit so I could do E24 values. Guess what - no
longer made, and no equivalent available.

Well there was, sort of. Jaycar HB6328 did it, but doesn't have the dividers
and slots to fully equipped (and maybe drawers just dividable into 2 ?),
and it's horrible hard brittle plastic.

Just found Bunnings has a new(?) 39-drawer set that includes 5 rows of 6
drawers, each with a dividier (removable) so it's E12 wide and 5 decades
down. Two of those make it up to E24, and there are an additional 2 rows of
3 larger bins below, (for me) for larger components such as high wattage
resistors, big electrolytics, etc. And it's a simiilar waxy no-brittle
plastic, and has little hooks to stop drawers tilting/falling out. NZ$39.95
each.

I'm carving some up and joining to make and extra couple of decades

The Bunnings units is called "39 Drawer Pull-out Bin Storage" and has a part
number 220324B.

Hope this helps somebody like it helped me.

geoff  (no, I don't work for, or have any financial interest in Bunnings !)

Re: Decent component drawers - finally !

Thanks Geoff. I really need to organise my components better. Currently I
use several compartmentalised flat containers. I bought a set of those cheap
brittle drawers but they're so plasticy and nasty I've never used them
beyond filling the first row of drawers - then taking the stuff out again.

I'm currently putting off soldering wires to a COB LED (on aluminium) as the
little gold contact points are tiny - 1 x 2mm. I don't know how I'm supposed
to get enough heat into them to tin them properly before I solder wires on.
They're also only ~1mm away from the LED itself. (It's a round 'superstar'
sort of shape, 25mm diameter / 7w. [Epileds XC-7C2B 6500K] ) The pic of it
at DX shows the pads already tinned but mine arent.

Cheers,
--
/Shaun.