Dealing with voltage spikes

Every now and then, I encounter a voltage spike in a circuit. Sometimes it is cause by a dodgy component, but not in this case - I think.

What is the best way to deal with these?

I have tried using 100nF and 10uF capacitors but this has not made any difference.

The circuit is currently an Arduino, two LM35's feed by the 5v line, and an LCD module also feed by the 5v line from the Arduino.

I have used decoupling between the AREF and Gnd, VCC and GND, AVCC and GND, the VCC and GND of the LM35's, the Vout and GND of the LM35, and I have even gone overboard by using several 100nF and 10uF on the voltage rails.

The datasheets in this case have not provided much help beyond basic decoupling.

I would appreciate any ideas or pointers.

Reply to
GT Hog

Solved, somewhat. USB is 5v @500mA.

Reply to