Dead Tv

Turned on the TV this morning and there was a zappping sound.  No picture,
no sound.  So I am guessing the power supply or something on the board has
gone.  The leds on the front still light up so I am wondering how dead it
is.  It's a Loewe 70cm.  I am a bit loath to throw it in the bin.  I figure
a repair is probably not worth the trouble/expense.  Would it be worth
selling it for parts?  I'm in Perth if anyone is interested in it.

Fraser

Re: Dead Tv

sounds like eht prob

figure

Re: Dead Tv

Expensive to fix?

Fraser

Re: Dead Tv

Assuming the EHT is faulty, that could be around $100 to $150,
Plus other related parts, that would need to be replaced, eg Low reading
Electro Caps etc,
Then add on labour..
usually its too expense..
Allan

Re: Dead Tv

Cool.  Used it as an excuse to buy a plasma.  I guess I'll flog the dead one
on ebay.

Fraser

Re: Dead Tv

Loewe have faulty FBTs quite often.

Not a do-it-yourself job. Beside, Loewe is too good of a TV to experiment
on, so I suggest taking it to a repair shop.

If in Melbourne, contact me and can look at it. Free quote.
Or tell me the model and I may consider buying it from you.

Rudolf

Re: Dead Tv

I'm in Perth.  It's a Profil 70cm.  Any idea what it would be worth as
parts?  Or what a repair would cost?

Fraser

Site Timeline