Dead Tv

Turned on the TV this morning and there was a zappping sound. No picture, no sound. So I am guessing the power supply or something on the board has gone. The leds on the front still light up so I am wondering how dead it is. It's a Loewe 70cm. I am a bit loath to throw it in the bin. I figure a repair is probably not worth the trouble/expense. Would it be worth selling it for parts? I'm in Perth if anyone is interested in it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

sounds like eht prob

figure

Reply to
crazy frog

Expensive to fix?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Assuming the EHT is faulty, that could be around $100 to $150, Plus other related parts, that would need to be replaced, eg Low reading Electro Caps etc, Then add on labour.. usually its too expense.. Allan

Reply to
Allan

Cool. Used it as an excuse to buy a plasma. I guess I'll flog the dead one on ebay.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Loewe have faulty FBTs quite often.

Not a do-it-yourself job. Beside, Loewe is too good of a TV to experiment on, so I suggest taking it to a repair shop.

If in Melbourne, contact me and can look at it. Free quote. Or tell me the model and I may consider buying it from you.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf Ladyzhenskii

I'm in Perth. It's a Profil 70cm. Any idea what it would be worth as parts? Or what a repair would cost?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston