dead aiwa stereo

I have an Aiwa nsx f9 stereo which is completely dead.  after a look around
the circuit I found 2 blown fuse resistors which feed into 2 power
transistors near the bottom of the main board  after replacing these it is
still dead any ideas as to how to fix this unit.  I have checked all the
power supply rails and they match similar wiring diagrams that I have.  I do
not have the schematic for this exact model.  if anyone has encounter this
fault before please help.  this was a very nice stereo.

thanks

Greig

please reply to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Re: dead aiwa stereo

So the fuses to the output stage blew, and on replacement nothing worked.
Just as a wild random guess could it be that the output stage has gone to
meet its maker ??
Have we checked the transistors? by golly since they are after the fuses I
wonder if there could be something wrong with them??
It is hardly an unusual fault with amps.
Check the supply to them and if its OK then test the output trannys and
their associated driving trannys.

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull

Site Timeline