DC to DC Converter suggestions?

Hello,

I am trying to track down some DC to DC converters with the following
specs:
Input: 10-30V
Output: 13.5 - 15.0V @ 3-4A

No need for a complete packaged item as it will be part of a larger
project. I have had a bit of a snoop around however I haven't found
anything suitable so far. Cost is a major factor with this one.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,

Andy (Change "agw" to "andy" to reply by email)

Re: DC to DC Converter suggestions?

What about an lm2576 with a pass transistor for extra amps?

Re: DC to DC Converter suggestions?

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:35:56 +0800, Andrew McMeikan

Hot and inefficent. If you cant do it with the reg alone these days
then you should be instantly thinking smps.

13.5 - 15.0 is a fairly broad spec. Do you meant you want 14.25
+/-0.75? or do you want the o/p adjustable between 13.5 and 15.0?

Re: DC to DC Converter suggestions?

lm2576 is a switcher, using a pass alows higher switching I have
achieved 80% conversion, and easy to adjust.

    cya,    Andrew...

Re: DC to DC Converter suggestions?

How many do you need, per batch and per year?

This will affect the packaging, type and surrounding parts, and also
the design economics.

BTW, 'cost' is important for everyone, but if you only need 1kpcs,
'cost' is a complex thing. Do you value your time?

-Andrew M