Daylight saving

Changed on the 7th oct but computer did not and when I tried to synch it
with an atomic clock it reverted to old time. did we change it without
telling technical people who seem to think the 28th is the date?

Re: Daylight saving

It's been the first Sunday in October since 2007.

Peter

Re: Daylight saving

And it worked fine on 3 computers here l-) (Sydney)

--
John G

Re: Daylight saving

same here, and all the iPLAYTHINGS shifted gear OK, so Mr Apple appears to have
it right too.

--
Don McKenzie

Web's best price on Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Daylight saving
My phone did but the computer did not.

Re: Daylight saving
And it has reverted back to pre daylight saving this morning even though
I manually changed it earlier.

Re: Daylight saving

The headers for your posting also show that you're not in daylight
saving time.

Have you checked that your system is configured for the correct
timezone, with daylight saving enabled?

Sylvia.

Re: Daylight saving

Canberra Melbourne Sydney daylight ticked.
Changed time manually about 1 am but computer seems to have changed it
back.Just changed it manually again, will have a look later and see if
it sticks.

Re: Daylight saving

It won't because you've set your clock into the future.

It really sounds like your system doesn't know when daylight saving starts.

This utility

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/a/58a208b7-7dc7-4bc7-8357-28e29cdac52f/TZEDIT.exe

will let you examine, and if necessary, change the rules. You'll have to
let it unzip itself, and then run the TZEDIT.exe in the target
directory: "C:\Program Files\TZEdit\TZEDIT.EXE" by default.

Mine (I'm in the same zone as you) says it starts on the first Sunday of
October, and ends on the first Sunday of April.

Sylvia.

Re: Daylight saving
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/a/58a208b7-7dc7-4bc7-8357-28e29cdac52f/TZEDIT.exe

Mine said last sunday in oct and last in april.
Who done told it that rubbish?

Re: Daylight saving
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/a/58a208b7-7dc7-4bc7-8357-28e29cdac52f/TZEDIT.exe

Seems very strange, but at least you can fix it now.

Note that you'll have to change the timezone to something else, and then
back again, to get the time set properly.

Sylvia.

Re: Daylight saving
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/a/58a208b7-7dc7-4bc7-8357-28e29cdac52f/TZEDIT.exe

  No I just altered the start and finish date when I used your
suggestion, then rebooted and so far it is working.It must have been a
conspiracy by a daylight saving hater altering my stuff. :)

Re: Daylight saving
F Murtz laid this down on his screen :
http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/8/a/58a208b7-7dc7-4bc7-8357-28e29cdac52f/TZEDIT.exe

More likely you missed (blocked) an update last time the dates were
changed and MS did their bit.
Good to see youhave solved it ;-)

--
John G

Re: Daylight saving

Also when I try ebroadcast tv program, instead of loading program  after
midnight it loads the before midnight bit (seems to decide it is not
daylight saving)

Re: Daylight saving

jasen@fozzie:~$ TZ=Australia/Sydney date
Mon Oct  8 16:24:05 EST 2012
jasen@fozzie:~$ TZ=Australia/Sydney date -d "2 days ago"
Sat Oct  6 15:24:09 EST 2012
jasen@fozzie:~$

Looks good to me, what do you have your time locale set to?
from your headers it looks like it's may be set to +1000
which is a static zone, not localised.

--
?? 100% natural

Re: Daylight saving

GMT+10:00,
the problem turned out that the daylight saving start date was wrong in
my computer for some strange reason, it's now fixed.

Re: Daylight saving

Is it windows?

XP or more recent?

You are missing a five or more year-old patch.

I don't know if it was produced for W2K or earlier systems.

    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)

--
When men talk to their friends, they insult each other.
They don't  really mean it.

XP, I dont let it update but I do not remember having this problem in
the last few years. It has service pack 3 but no patches since

Re: Daylight saving

Indeed, a quick review of your postings (on Google Groups) for this
period last year shows that your computer did switch to DST on about the
right date. I'm assuming you were using the same computer.

Sylvia.

Re: Daylight saving
Yes, same computer,chalk it up to just one more oddity in life.

Site Timeline