daylight saving

why has my computer not changed to daylight saving today and my  my htc
phone on optus has?
The computer has the right time, date and zone, and change for daylight
saving ticked.

Re: daylight saving

Is timezone set correctly?
Otherwise, the data file o when daylight saving starts in that zone is
probably incorrect.
Performed an update recently?

Re: daylight saving
GMT+10:00 Canberra,Melbourne Sydney.

Re: daylight saving

One of my three Windows XP computers got it right! I can't see any
difference between the time zone settings on that computer and the
other two. Of course, my Linux server was fine.

Re: daylight saving

As already suggested, the time zone details in the registry are wrong. Only
one of your computers has the latest updates obviously.

MrT.

Re: daylight saving

I noted the post but was skeptical because my "main" computer which is
always on got it wrong. Anyway, I downloaded the latest updates but
both of them were hardware. I rebooted and even asked for an update
from a time server but, as you can see, it is still wrong.

Re: daylight saving

htc
daylight
Only

I'm guessing the "updates" you installed had nothing to do with Australian
Time zone changes. The problem stems from the Mainland states increasing
their daylight saving periods. The time zone data is in the registry and can
be edited manually if you know what you are doing. Otherwise check out the
Microsoft web site for necessary fixes. Or a quick "fix" is to simply set
your time zone for Tasmania.

MrT.

Re: daylight saving
on optus has?
ticked.

I am in Darwin right now, iPhone users in total confusion when Telstra shortened
their night by an hour.
Almost a civil war up here. I'll be flying back to Tulla today, and will pass
through 3 time zones via Darwin, Adelaide,
and Melbourne. Left the netbook XP on Melbourne settings, and it looks fine.

NT is now .5H out with SA, and 1.5H out with the eastern states. Bloody
pollies!!!
No wonder we can't get anything else right, if we can't agree on a simple thing
like a time standard.

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: daylight saving

on optus has?
saving ticked.
shortened their night by an hour.
through 3 time zones via Darwin, Adelaide,
pollies!!!
like a time standard.

We actually DO have a time standard, but pollies fscked it up by
introducing daylight saving in the first place.

Re: daylight saving
phone on optus has?
saving ticked.
shortened their night by an hour.
through 3 time zones via Darwin, Adelaide,
pollies!!!
thing like a time standard.

No probs with DST here in the far north, we aint got none.  bugger all
difference between day and night times all the year round
--
Laurie.
Registered Linux user # 468070

Re: daylight saving

A windows update last week updated DLS settings for
Australia...................

Re: daylight saving

 Last week?!  It was more than two years ago!
 However (if you're not in WA and don't liaise with anyone there) if you
count the ending of the WA DST trial, (which was last year sometime),
then at worst, you would be a year behind updates, not a week.

 And if you don't want to apply normal windows updates just for DST (or
not in a position to do that)  there are third-party utilities that'll
do it for you.

 Of course, this only applies to XP and 2003 server, Win7 has the
corrections (after the olympics DST fiasco where they changed the DST
rules three times in as many years) in place.
 If you're still using 2000, there are patches there too (and utilities).

Bloody hell.  If I were King President of the world, I'd outright ban
DST and be done with it.  The confusion it causes isn't work the stress.
And I'm not talking about the twice a year minor inconvenience either,
it's getting time zones right when organising conference calls with
idiots who get it wrong, and complain when they're an hour late.  Or
early...

 Then again, if I were *actually* the King President, DST would be the
least of your worries.
--
Life is a sandwich, and it's always lunchtime

Re: daylight saving

As I said last week 24th to be exact...............See link

 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=d3a881f1-9232-4ca8-908e-d0afddc098b5&displaylang=en

Re: daylight saving

 (slaps forehead)  Fine, I'm going to have to spell it out for you.

 That last update (Sep 2010) only affects Middle East, Namibia, and US
Eastern.  Which, the last time I checked, have nothing to do with
AUSTRALIAN dst times which was what we where talking about.

 This *IS* a cumulative update however, and also includes the previous
update (May 2010) for Bangladesh, Fiji, Kamchatka, Morocco, Pacific SA,
Paraguay, and Syria.
 None of which contain Australia (note the lack of  "australia" in the
words above".

 The one before that, (Dec 2009) for Argentina, Central Brazilian, E.
South America, Egypt, Georgian, Greenland, Jerusalem, Morocco, N.
Central Asia, North Asia East, Pakistan, Paraguay, Ulaanbaatar, and,
fuck me sideways I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself,
 Western Australia.

 Holy fuck, what have I been trying to tell you?  That last *AUSTRALIAN*
update was nearly a year old, more than that as far as WA was affected
though, not a problem if you updated then though.

 So, if you're as anal as I think you are about updates (you DID note
Sep 2010) you would have been aware that particular update didn't
contain australian updates, nor the one before that.  The one that
actually DID, was nearly a year old, which was exactly the one I told
you about in my quote above (which you conveniently removed).

 Next time you want to play the smart arse, try actually READING the
Microsoft Knowledge Base articles first.  You might learn something.
--
Virginity can be cured.

Re: daylight saving

Thanks for that info. It was helpful. I think though that you should address
one of your ' conference calls ' to that of  'Stress Management. You sound
that you need counselling quit soon.

Re: daylight saving

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=d3a881f1-9232-4ca8-908e-d0afddc098b5&displaylang=en

Re: daylight saving