Dave's EEEV blogs

Hi Dave,

Keep up the good work. Your EEEV blogs have become a regular feature and you are definitely becoming a lot more relaxed in your presentation style which IMHO makes the viewing more enjoyable. Highly informative, interesting and presented in a casual easy watching style, I'm quite sure you will continue to attract a bigger following. Well worth taking the 10 or so minutes to watch. :-)

Just a suggestion. Consider better lighting. The workshop fluoro just doesn't cut the mustard. Especially when you are taking a peek a boo of the innards of a piece of equipment.

I really liked your talk on job interviews. Perhaps some of your younger target audience should take notes on your tips. Good sensible advice and pretty much the same things I'd be looking for when I'm interviewing prospective employees.

Well done Dave. Keep 'em coming.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Thanks for the support and kind comments Alan. #9 raw video is transfering as I type. Yes, better lighting is needed, this was clearly obvious since I first filmed in the workshop. There is only a single fluoro above me and up high (plus two garage fluoro's some distance away), creating generally poor lighting and lots of shadow. In the 2nd blog I actually tried to use a small handheld fluoro tube as "fill" lighting, but it just didn't work. A trip to Bunnings may be in order for a second fluoro or some form of spot light...

The job interview episode has generated by far the most positive feedback (plus one person who said I should stick to what I know!). It even made it into an industry blog:

There are bunch of extra tips that didn't make it, and I filmed some extra stuff on conducting interviews too which didn't make it either. Perhaps a follow-up episode is in order.

Thanks Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

Blog #9 is up. And for those who are not aware, it's now available as a video podcast, so you can subscribe using the iTunes Store or whatever, and get the latest version automatically downloaded to your player/iPod/iPhone.

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

Tip, dont use fluro's!

Reply to
The Real Andy

The Rutmaniac drivelled ....

** Amazing just how similar Dave's approach is to that of the notorious Mark "Chopper" Read when it comes to job interview technique.

Both of them say to take all your favourite toys along and to bring out a secret weapon to surprise everyone at a critical moment.

Mark IS however just a TAD more up beat on the benefits of having a very positive attitude to winning that coveted position.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

--

His ears do however look relatively normal.

Reply to
Nector

Gotta love chop-chop!

Dave.

http://www.alternatezone.com/eevblog/
Reply to
David L. Jones

Well, he is impersonating Eric Bana, impersonating Mark Read. A little gets lost in the translation. :-)

Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

Don McKenzie

Oh, look what the cat dragged in.

Perhaps Chopper should drop over to your bed-sit Philthy and give you a bit of "prison" loving. You could surprise him with your famous orchestra pit technique. LOL

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge