Dave's EEEV blogs

Hi Dave,

Keep up the good work.
Your EEEV blogs have become a regular feature and you are definitely
becoming a lot more relaxed in your presentation style which IMHO makes the
viewing more enjoyable.
Highly informative, interesting and presented in a casual easy watching
style, I'm quite sure you will continue to attract a bigger following.  Well
worth taking the 10 or so minutes to watch. :-)

Just a suggestion.  Consider better lighting.  The workshop fluoro just
doesn't cut the mustard.  Especially when you are taking a peek a boo of the
innards of a piece of equipment.

I really liked your talk on job interviews.  Perhaps some of your younger
target audience should take notes on your tips.
Good sensible advice and pretty much the same things I'd be looking for when
I'm interviewing  prospective employees.

Well done Dave.  Keep 'em coming.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Dave's EEEV blogs

Thanks for the support and kind comments Alan. #9 raw video is transfering
as I type.
Yes, better lighting is needed, this was clearly obvious since I first
filmed in the workshop. There is only a single fluoro above me and up high
(plus two garage fluoro's some distance away), creating generally poor
lighting and lots of shadow. In the 2nd blog I actually tried to use a small
handheld fluoro tube as "fill" lighting, but it just didn't work. A trip to
Bunnings may be in order for a second fluoro or some form of spot light...

The job interview episode has generated by far the most positive feedback
(plus one person who said I should stick to what I know!). It even made it
into an industry blog:
http://www.edn.com/blog/980000298/post/570044257.html
There are bunch of extra tips that didn't make it, and I filmed some extra
stuff on conducting interviews too which didn't make it either. Perhaps a
follow-up episode is in order.

Thanks
Dave.

Re: Dave's EEEV blogs

Blog #9 is up.
And for those who are not aware, it's now available as a video podcast, so
you can subscribe using the iTunes Store or whatever, and get the latest
version automatically downloaded to your player/iPod/iPhone.

Dave.

Re: Dave's EEEV blogs
On Sat, 16 May 2009 17:00:25 +1000, "David L. Jones"

Tip, dont use fluro's!

Re: Dave's EEEV blogs

The Rutmaniac drivelled ....

** Amazing just how similar Dave's approach is to that of the notorious Mark
"Chopper" Read  when it comes to job interview technique.

Both of them say to take all your favourite toys along and to bring out a
secret weapon to surprise everyone at a critical moment.

Mark  IS  however just a  TAD  more up beat on the benefits of having a very
positive attitude to winning that coveted position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4rSZP0nNCc&feature=related

.....    Phil

Re: Dave's EEEV blogs

--

Rob Symmans
Mob: 0414 681 795

 > His ears do however look relatively normal.

Well, he is impersonating Eric Bana, impersonating Mark Read.
A little gets lost in the translation. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Dave's EEEV blogs

Gotta love chop-chop!

Dave.

Re: Dave's EEEV blogs

Oh, look what the cat dragged in.

Perhaps Chopper should drop over to your bed-sit Philthy and give you a bit
of "prison" loving.
You could surprise him with your famous orchestra pit technique. LOL

Site Timeline