Dang - missed Earth Hour again

I wish they'd advertise it better, so that I can ignore it deliberately.

Sylvia.

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

Is that an Australian thing? - Never heard of it here in the UK.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Hour

Col

---

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

It was started here, to our shame, but it got picked up in a number of
other countries.

Showing support by turning off efficient lighting, and burning
inefficient CO2 emitting candles instead, is a common theme.

Earth hour is, above all, a demonstration of ignorance.

Sylvia.

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

No. It's just a demonstration. Instead of using fuel to get to the
demo and then marching to parliament house you stay home and turn the
electricity off for an hour. It is not intended to save electricity
but, like a street march, it is intended to show solidarity with all
the other people who want action on climate change.

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

Governments do that all the time - so why not the plebs...................

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

I'm afraid it's a little late to start worrying about the Chinese
building nuclear weapons:

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/nuclear/wrjp159c.html

--
__          __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

But they needn't bother making missiles if they're handling a pile of
nuclear material right here.................

All they need is set the reactor to blow and then leave.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

Stupid to do that, they wouldn't get any more work building nukes, stupid.

Re: Dang - missed Earth Hour again

Seriously?!!! Are you really that thick? AFAIK: the Chinese don't advertise
building nuclear power stations in other countries as a business venture.
The UK Tories invited them to build and operate the plant on the Private
Finance Initiative model.

Its really quite simple - get someone else to pay for the nuclear power

accounts.

---
http://www.avg.com

Site Timeline