Daggy soldering

I have a Weller soldering iron, with replaceable tips. It is more than
thirty years old, I think, and I am more than thirty years older than I was
when I bought it. Between us (Weller and I) we don't seem to be able to
solder anything without the tip dragging a dag of solder with it as I remove
the iron.
Is there a simple, fixable, reason for this? I hope the answer is not merely
a loss of dexterity on my part. New tips? New iron? If so, what sort of
iron. It doesn't have to last another thirty years.

Site Timeline