customs and post

What would show up on the xray screen with an antistatic bag inside an envelope from Greece containing a hall effect doover? I received it with "opened by customs"on the envelope and a screed inside saying that dogs or xray gave them cause to suspect bio hazards. (hall effect ignition trigger)nothing to do with my post.

Reply to
F Murtz

It could've been residue on the outside of the package, perhaps picked up when it brushed another package in transit which contained something prohibited?

I've had a couple of packages processed by customs in that fashion, both from China (one containing mobile 'phones and the other containing software), and both with no cause for concern.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Depending on the density of the metal coating on the antistatic wrapping it may block the scan , so as a precaution it gets opened . Simples

--

Reply to
atec77