CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

Does anybody have any experience with CTick? I work for a US company
that wants to sell its product in Australia and New Zealand. We have
CE certified product which we sell elsewhere in the world.
Specifically I would like to know whether a company based outside
Australia and New Zealand can import product into either country and
apply the CTick mark on its product without relying on a local
distributor/dealer?

The logistics of labeling product differently for different
distributors and for Australia and New Zealand separately makes
importing the devices into these countries quite difficult for us
today.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Sincerely
Arya

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

"arya"

** How ?

** How ?

** Huh ??

To "import" a product, one must reside in the country first.

Are you selling goods to the public via a web site in the USA ??

** What the heck are you on about ?

....  Phil

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

Contact the ACMA who are the Oz government dept who deals with this.

I think if you have CE compliance (and the standards meet or exceed
requriements for Oz) you just need to apply for a an ID number and apply
that to all of the items you export into Oz. Most of the info  you need to
know is on the website (or used to be at least)

Ring and talk to the guys there (or email). I've been through the process
with multiple products working for two different companies over 15 odd
years. The tech guys are quite helpful and straight up - ie in my experience
not adversarial at all.

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_2754

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

Thank you Dennis. I shall do just that.

Sincerely
Arya

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

"arya"
 "Dennis"

Thank you Dennis. I shall do just that.

** Those poor buggers at the AMCA are gonna really enjoy this phone call.

....  Phil

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

Phil, I'm interested, how many products have you designed and had compliance
certified for sale here in Oz? What where they & what problems did you have?

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

"Dennis"

** No you are not -  you are a wanker and a fool.

How about you * READ*  the OP's idiotic post  !!

The main issues are:

Nowhere does he say which country HE is resident in  !!!

Nowhere does he give any hint of his role in the business.

Nowhere does he give ANY  hint as to what type of product it is !!!

The crucial issue of having or not having an Australian import agent is left
totally ambiguous !!!!

The fool plainly does not know the meaning the word " import " and uses it
in place of "export"  !!!

PLUS the totally stupid jerk posts using Google Groups -  the font of all
usenet insanities.

My wry comment above is WAAAYY well justified.

QED.

....  Phil

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

Ahh yeah. Have a nice day Phil....

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

"Dennis the Dope"

** Wot a jerkoff.

Re: CTick Australia/New Zealand Certification

. a PHILco toaster maybe, eh Phil ;-)

Site Timeline