Crossove Advice

Hi All

I'm setting up a rumpus room with a basic surround sound system and need some some advice. I have a surround amp with fronts, centre, rears, but no subwoofer output, and I have a set of surround speakers with a powered subwoofer. Any ideas how I can connect the subwoofer in?

I was wondering about connecting it in parallel with the centre speaker and putting a suitable inductor in the line to only let the low frequencies through, I gather a 6db/octave setup would be ok.

I've also heard about going across the front speakers, pos to left and neg to right.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Reply to
Gaz