CRO probe

Anyone tried to make a x10 CRO probe?

I've got an old Silicon Chip article (1989?) which gives some basic info, but the biggest problems involve the physical construction. My first attempt worked fine until I made the mistake of putting a drop of superglue on the trimcap - the goo must have seeped into the trimcap and changed the capacity, stuffing up the impedance match.

Anyone got an easy-to-build design using readily available bits?

Yeah, I know that new x10 CRO probes are cheap to buy, but the skill of making one yourself is what the hobby of electronics is all about, isn't it?

Reply to
Yaputya

"Yaputya"

** This article ?

Published in October 2009.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

the

A very good article, thanks for that! I recommend it to everyone who uses an oscilloscope. I still haven't found an easy way to make a basic x10 probe. I've only got a 60MHz CRO, so the the probe doesn't need to be DC to daylight. It isn't easy to shield the probe, include external trimcap adjustment and insulate the whole thing in a reasonably compact package. Perhaps it is too hard a task to build one from scratch.

Reply to
Yaputya