crackle from RHS speaker

Hi

I bought a receiver/amp second hand and it has a really irritating crackle type static sound from the RH speaker. Its intermittent (comes and goes), could appear a few times in say one song for 5 seconds at a time or not for 15 minutes at all and then crackles for about 30 seconds or anything in between. Its pretty random.

The sound is sort of like when the receiver FM reception is bad and you get that intermittent static sound. Except its there on all inputs.

I tried connecting to the B speaker lugs and its still there. I tried swapping the speakers over and its still on the RH side.

If i tap the amp pretty hard it doesnt stop it when its happening and if i tap it when its not there it doesnt start it either. Its got me stumped and its so irritating i feel like tossing the amp in the bin.

Anyone have a clue what could be causing this?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
wbinst

**Nope. Do you have a clue where the fault is (pre amp or power amp section)? Do you know the brand and model number of the product? Do you have the necessary test equipment to assist in diagnosis? Do you have a service manual?

Here's a thought: Take it to a professional.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Take the unit to a profession service center. The fault is either a cold solder connection, or a component has become mechanicaly sensitive. There are many components inside the unit, therefore its impossible to guess. The unit would have to be troubleshooted.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

Disconnect the RHS speaker, or invest in Crackle remover.

Reply to
Grid Leak