Counterfeits again

Well, WES Components is at it again. I was at a mate's workshop the other day and his TV tech had been tearing his hair out, after replacing BUZ19A MOSFETs in a TV. He then tried some IRF substitutes (also sourced from WES) and they blew up as well. Careful examination revealed the leads seemed thinner than expected. A MOSFET sourced from Farnell solved the problem. Of course, WES will refund the cost of the blown MOSFETs, but who pays for the

6 hours of frustration?
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 09:10:07 +1000, "Trevor Wilson" put finger to keyboard and composed:

What was the part number?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

**BUZ19A was one. The other was an IRF number. That is the real worry. Completely different part numbers, different (alleged) manufacturers, but the same crappy part. I'll check with my mate tomorrow and report the details of the other part involved, along with the resolution reached with WES.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

**Maybe. They were TO220 packs though. A little hard to pull apart. [ASIDE] A while ago, my mate posted a pic of a remote control that had gotten wet. His customer put it in a microwave oven to dry it out......
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

"Trevor Wilson" "Franc Zabkar"

** Doubt it.

It don't exist.

But BUZ91A fits the bill.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

He's probably allergic to sunlight

Reply to
bassett

Overall the service from WES components is non existent. They stuffed up my order the other day ( yet again) and the guy on the other end of the phone just didn't care. Whey you stuff up you pay, when they stuff up you pay as well, I find WES a complete pack of bastards and wouldn't recommend anyone to use them anymore.

Reply to
Bodgey

**As Phil correctly commented, the part number was a BUZ91A. The other part was a SSP6N60. Critically, they were allegedly from different manufacturers, the packaging was identical, right down to the thin leads. My mate has not been back to WES to complain yet.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

er

9A
.

rt

rs,

Strange that, I built the Deluxe Battery Zapper kit from Jaycar and the MOSFETs supplied (same SSP6N60 types) died a quick death. The physical construction of the TO220s looked like garbage, the metal in the legs were so soft that just bending them produced deep stress cracks.

Out of desperation, DSE equivalents were successfully used to replace them.

Should have persued it, but didn't due to time and motion or a lack there of.

Reply to
rgooge