corrosion of electrical contacts

I got a complete wiring harness for a 20-year old car from the wreckers. When I pulled the relay box apart, I noticed that all the relays had corrosion on one terminal only - the same terminal. Is this a common phenomenon? These were the bog standard Bosch automotive relays with 6 mm wide terminals.

Reply to
bruce56

Was the corrosion in pin 30 (battery +)?

Reply to
Clocky

yes it was pin 30

Reply to
bruce56

Pin 30 on relays is the one that would go to the battery +12V supply and is sometimes brass where the other terminals are plated or the actual terminals going onto pin 30 are brass so electrolysis may have occurred and corroded the terminals especially if they were in a damp location.

Reply to
Clocky