Cordless phone battery.

Hello all.
My old cordless phone needs a new battery.
I have a good battery here rated at the same voltage
(3.6V), but it's a 300mAh NiCad battery, and the one
in the phone is a 600mAh NiMh.
The batteries are the same physical size, I only need
to adapt the plug on the good battery to fit the
phone.
Can I use this battery in the phone?
Will the charger in the phone charge the same for the
NiCad as the original?
I assume that the 300mAh battery will just give less
talk/standby time than the 600mAh but should operate
the phone OK, my only concern is the charging.
Any advice appreciated.

Re: Cordless phone battery.

WES in Ashfield in Syd has a comprehsive range of replacement batteries.

You will need the manufacturer name and model to get one that fits your
cordless.

http://www.wagner.net.au/Catalogue/wagner0033.html

http://www.wagner.net.au/Home.htm

Why stuff about with the battery cells...also 600mAH will take longer to
charge if the charging is at the same current rate.

JG

Re: Cordless phone battery.

Most probably, yes.

Yes, it'll try to charge the same. most likely a constant current
system with timer.

NiCd's are more tolerant to overcharging than NiMh so it should be
safe.

I'd just get the proper one on eBay or wherever and be done with it, no
point messing about when you will just end up with reduced capacity at
best.

Dave :)

Site Timeline