Cordless drills/drivers

I have a 12v cordless drill, when I first got it, it worked fine.  I
would get about 1.5hrs out of it.

It does not get used as much as my original one, but it is flat out now
getting past 30mins without me having to change out batteries.

What gives?  My old one was a 3.6 or 4.5v that was second hand and
already had a year's worth of mileage.

Re: Cordless drills/drivers

There's a huge variation in battery quality.

Sylvia.

Re: Cordless drills/drivers

Wouldn't there be a huge improvement over the development timeline?

Re: Cordless drills/drivers

Yes, but it's largely in terms of how little the customer will put up with
for a certain amount of money.

Re: Cordless drills/drivers

It is most probably not being built by the same factory. Lots of stuff is
built toa price these days.

Re: Cordless drills/drivers
I opened the battery pack on Makita 12v drill and went to Jaycar and bought
LION cells.
Drill works and works and works probably 2 1/2 times longer than previously.

Bought 18v LION Ryobi kit at Bunnings 2 x batteries, charger and torch $299
and works all day on one battery.

Site Timeline