Cooked PIC programmer... how cooked?

Hi, I cooked my K150 (kits-R-us) PIC programmer last night by inadvertently
putting a PIC backwards into the ZIF. There was a slight burning smell, and
from then on it won't read or program devices. I checked the associated
website, and it mentions that the programming switch transistors are liable
to pop, that seems to be what's occurred. I'm wondering whether the damage
might be confined to these 3 devices, or whether it might also have damaged
the SMD 7406 that drives them. At a pinch, I might just be able to unsolder
and replace the discretes, but not the multilead logic package. Any ideas on
whether the 7406 might be OK or not before I give it a go?   TIA

Site Timeline