Converting Component Video to S-Video

I have a CRT TV, eight years old, which has provision for S-Video input. I
have a Yamaha surround-sound amp which I use to switch, amongst other
things, the video signal from DVD, STB, analogue TV and VCR. The Yamaha has
provision for component output but not for S-Video output. Is there some
kind of cable, bolt-on converter or such that will convert the component
signal, with its three cables, to the single S-Video cable? The TV and the
Yamaha both have  composite (red white yellow) but I believe that S-Video
input to the TV is perceptibly better. If I connect the DVD directly to the
TV using S-Video, the picture is certainly better than when I connect the
DVD directly to the TV using composite. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Re: Converting Component Video to S-Video

You can get a video down-converter to do this, but they aren't that
popular so prices are generally high, like this one:
http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/1361.htm

Dave.

Re: Converting Component Video to S-Video

Thanks for that.
I guess the small amount  of TV that I watch is not worth that much money.

Re: Converting Component Video to S-Video

http://www.svideo.com/ypbpr2svideo.html

I have bought from svideo.com and they are great.
Email them for any questions if you want.

Site Timeline