Converting a jap import car radio - Page 2

Re: Converting a jap import car radio

"jdm"

**  Were the Nips sooooo dumb they made 240 volt home stereos with the WRONG
FM band ??

.......  Phil

Re: Converting a jap import car radio

 ..... So you buy a replacement  car raduio then.  Cost next to nothing
second-hand.

geoff

Re: Converting a jap import car radio

Has been converted, quite easy, the hardest part was removing the head unit
and re-installing it.

All I had to do was remove R61 ( 47k 0805 ) and remove it or move it to R60
and it works straight away.

Thank you to those who were constructive with their help.

Cheers

John

Re: Converting a jap import car radio

    Congratulations on finding out how to do it. :)

Bob

Re: Converting a jap import car radio

Thanks Bob,

It was quite east, there was a truth table and mark M K J and J had a dot in
it, I could not figure out the difference between M & K however, I thought
one may have been 9khz steps for AM and the other 10kHz for the US market
but all three were 9khz.

Cheers

John

Re: Converting a jap import car radio

    I'd have thought the same as you. As long as it works OK in
Kiwi-land, that's all that matters. :)

Bob

Site Timeline