continuity tester ?

hi, any  body got  links or schematics for a continuity tester for
automotive use ? preferably simple design with  audio and  visual
indication , voltage  detection  would be a bonus !!
mark k

Re: continuity tester ?

What's wrong with a multimeter?

Dave.

Re: continuity tester ?

Or a light bulb with someone to yell when it comes on.

Re: continuity tester ?

You can buy such things from jaycar. In the form of a screw driver.It
will even tell continuity of your body ( may or may not have audio)

Re: continuity tester ?

hi well i really dont want to get my 587 $ multimeter getting knocked around
doing auto stuff !!!

Re: continuity tester ?

around

And you can't afford to buy a $10 one as well?

MrT.

Re: continuity tester ?

$29.95

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=QM1320&keywords=multimeter&form=KEYWORD

And there are probably even cheaper one to be had.

Re: continuity tester ?

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=QM1320&keywords=multimeter&form=KEYWORD

eg: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=QM1500

other places have a very similar model too. eg: supercheap auto, the warehouse...

Re: continuity tester ?

Fair enough. But there are cheaper multimeters, much cheaper. It's common to
have a knock-around $10 meter in the glove box for auto use.

If you want a "simple design" meter, try the Amprobe PM53A pocket meter. It
automatically switches betwen volts and ohms.

Dave.

Re: continuity tester ?

If I could get one for a lot less than double what it costs in America I
would love one.
In America you can get one for less than $33 usd. In au the price is
over $66 au.
If you import it shipping costs makes it the same.

Re: continuity tester ?

If you buy from Digikey any time, throw one on your next order.

Dave.

Re: continuity tester ?

Good idea, but the small amount of stuff I get is usually counter
service at RS or WES or Jaycar sometimes farnell.

Re: continuity tester ?

So, do what many of us do - buy a $10 multimeter and use it for the
rough stuff

CAT. NO. QM1500 $9.95 from jaycar.com.au

David

Site Timeline