continuity tester ?

hi, any body got links or schematics for a continuity tester for automotive use ? preferably simple design with audio and visual indication , voltage detection would be a bonus !! mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

What's wrong with a multimeter?

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Or a light bulb with someone to yell when it comes on.

Reply to
F Murtz

You can buy such things from jaycar. In the form of a screw driver.It will even tell continuity of your body ( may or may not have audio)

Reply to
F Murtz

around

And you can't afford to buy a $10 one as well?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

$29.95

And there are probably even cheaper one to be had.

Reply to
keithr

Fair enough. But there are cheaper multimeters, much cheaper. It's common to have a knock-around $10 meter in the glove box for auto use.

If you want a "simple design" meter, try the Amprobe PM53A pocket meter. It automatically switches betwen volts and ohms.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

hi well i really dont want to get my 587 $ multimeter getting knocked around doing auto stuff !!!

Reply to
mark krawczuk

eg:

other places have a very similar model too. eg: supercheap auto, the warehouse...

Jasen Betts

So, do what many of us do - buy a $10 multimeter and use it for the rough stuff

CAT. NO. QM1500 $9.95 from jaycar.com.au

David

Reply to
David

If I could get one for a lot less than double what it costs in America I would love one. In America you can get one for less than $33 usd. In au the price is over $66 au. If you import it shipping costs makes it the same.

Reply to
F Murtz

If you buy from Digikey any time, throw one on your next order.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

Good idea, but the small amount of stuff I get is usually counter service at RS or WES or Jaycar sometimes farnell.

Reply to
F Murtz