Conforming tape

A few years ago I bought some tape - I 'think' it was butyl-something - from
Tandy, which you'd stretch and wrap around cables, then cure with heat by
just holding your hand around it. It wasn't adhesive, it sort of bonded to
itself. Worked great.

Now I can't seem to find it. Could anyone tell me what the stuff is actually
called, or where I might find some?

tia
Rob

Re: Conforming tape

from
actually
There was a bloke selling it on ebay a while back, he might still be doing
so.  I think his lot fell of the back of a telstra van.....

Self Amalgamating tape?  Jaycar NM-2826

Mike

Re: Conforming tape

Ahh, cheers. I'll go with the Jaycar one :) it's exactly what I want.

Dunno why searching for 'tape' didn't find it on their web site.

Rob

Re: Conforming tape

[snip]
I wouldn't write off ebay.  It is different stuff but you can get quite a
bit for the same price that jaycar is asking for one roll.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category46%60&item75%15982909&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Mike

Re: Conforming tape

Or 3M Scotch 23 Rubber Splicing Tape. The rubberizing is triggered by
stretching it as you wrap it around the joint, rather than by heat as such.
At a hardware store near you (or RS or Farnell in a pinch). I bought some
(butyl-something :-) tape just the other day to do some repairs to my deck,
but I don't recall what it's called. Got it at Bunnings.

Ken

Re: Conforming tape

 One day Robert Murphy got dressed and committed to text

As mentioned, use the 3M Scotch 23. It's a very handy product to have about
!!

--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Re: Conforming tape

On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:08:05 +1000, "Robert Murphy"
<okami1,westnet,com,au> put finger to keyboard and composed:

WES sell it as "self amalgamating butyl rubber" tape, code NIT15,
$12.25, 0.5mm x 19mm x 10M.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Conforming tape

"Scotch 23 tape" : rubber splicing tape