Component Video cuts out

Just wondering if any one else has had this happening, or maybe a suggestion on how to approach this problem:

I started using the component input on my Pavo 32" LCD TV. Depending on the change in picture brightness the unit seems to lose sync and switches to "black screen" for a few seconds. Strong changes from black or white dominated picturs cause problems, otherwise it works fine. When the picture comes back it shows the input mode indicator, like it does when I manually change the input selection.

I suspect that the Y-signal input might be AC-coupled and the picture contents causes momentary DC level changes which confuse the sync pulse logic.

I have no schematics for the TV. I imagine increasing coupling C value could fix the problem??

(Other input modes work fine)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tony