Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Compaq 800 notebook boot failure
June 20, 2005, 12:22 pm
rate this thread
Hi, having an issue with this laptop. Model says series PP2160.
It won't get past POST, and will only display the red Compaq splashscreen
with a F10=Rom Based Setup message. Hitting F10, F2, Fn+F10, F8 all do
- booting on battery
- booting on mains
- removing the RAM module and starting
- removing the HDD and starting
- swapped out the RAM module
- tried the RAM module in the other slot
- leaving the battery, HDD and RAM out overnight
I've been able to fix another Compaq using these steps before, but have now
hit a brick wall with this one.
Hoping someone may have had this before, as I hoping I don't have to send my
client to the Compaq dealer.
- Brett and Dale Lynch
June 21, 2005, 1:05 pm
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » OT: Nothing Happened in Sweden Again Last Night
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design
- » Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design