Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

For those of you that have been around long enough to remember:

Have a look at the pictures near the bottom of the page What are they thinking?

Cheers Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Don McKenzie

A little late for April 1st ...

Reply to
Swanny

This is not a C64, and is not even a real attempt at a reboot, but rather a bunch of crap.

Look at:

Looks familiar?

More precisely, it's just a PC, and a company who produces and designs nothing (commodoreusa.net), but simply resells other people's products, decided to flog it as a "C64" to try and lure in some suckers. They don't even have rights to the Commodore name or logo.

So far they have done a reasonable job of tricking 'tech sites' into publishing their amazing 'news releases'. It's scary to think how easy it is these days for anyone to produce a news release, and then a bunch of 'news sites' will publish it blindly without too much verification.

Regards,

Ross..

Reply to
Ross Vumbaca

I just noticed it has a standard DB-9 serial, and DB-25 parallel port.

I wonder how many peripherals are designed to plug into these types of ports these days.

Cheers Don...

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Don McKenzie

Twin Serial Ports???? It is a 64.

Reply to
SG1

As far as normal consumers go, probably just mid-high end printers. For example my new Brother laser has USB + parallel on it.

However many PC motherboards still have a parallel and serial port and since the machine is just an shrunken PC, it's not that big a shock, in my opinion..

Regards,

Ross..

Reply to
Ross Vumbaca

By consumer, I take it you mean single computer home bods? Otherwise, mid-high end means network port in my experience

Reply to
terryc

These days not many but I still use them a lot for my retro/vintage activities, EPROM burning etc.

On my real C64 and VIC-20 however it's easier to take out the SD card, pop it into my PC and copy stuff onto or off it and then put it back into the Commodore.

Reply to
Clocky

Most I have seen still have serial and parallel, usually just as headers on the board that you buy an optional back slot connector with a ribbon cable running back to the header. Other than that you are stuck with a serial card.

Reply to
kreed

Is there somewhere to put my old 4 1/2 inch floppy? Benny

Reply to
Benny

You have a floppy that still works?

Reply to
Rob

I have never seen a 4 1/2 inch floppy.

Oldus Fartus
Reply to
Oldus Fartus

Big belly?

Reply to
L.A.T.

I know where my 8 inch floppy is... ;-)

Reply to
Clocky

No need to mention your boyfriends bits

Reply to
atec7 7

You could come from Sud Africa and have a 3 1/2 stiffy

Reply to
SG1

Is dat zo?

Reply to