Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

For those of you that have been around long enough to remember:
http://evergeek.com/News/3438.aspx

Have a look at the pictures near the bottom of the page
What are they thinking?

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

A little late for April 1st ...

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

Hi,

This is not a C64, and is not even a real attempt at a reboot, but
rather a bunch of crap.

Look at:
http://www.cybernetman.com/en/products/zero-footprint-pc/zpc-gx31.cfm

Looks familiar?

More precisely, it's just a PC, and a company who produces and designs
nothing (commodoreusa.net), but simply resells other people's products,
decided to flog it as a "C64" to try and lure in some suckers. They
don't even have rights to the Commodore name or logo.

So far they have done a reasonable job of tricking 'tech sites' into
publishing their amazing 'news releases'. It's scary to think how easy
it is these days for anyone to produce a news release, and then a bunch
of 'news sites' will publish it blindly without too much verification.

Regards,

Ross..

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

I just noticed it has a standard DB-9 serial, and DB-25 parallel port.

I wonder how many peripherals are designed to plug into these types of
ports these days.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

As far as normal consumers go, probably just mid-high end printers. For
example my new Brother laser has USB + parallel on it.

However many PC motherboards still have a parallel and serial port and
since the machine is just an shrunken PC, it's not that big a shock, in
my opinion..

Regards,

Ross..

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

By consumer, I take it you mean single computer home bods?
Otherwise, mid-high end means network port in my experience

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

Most I have seen still have serial and parallel, usually just as
headers on the board that you buy an optional back slot connector with
a ribbon cable running back to the header.  Other than that you are
stuck with a serial card.

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

These days not many but I still use them a lot for my retro/vintage
activities, EPROM burning etc.

On my real C64 and VIC-20 however it's easier to take out the SD card, pop
it into my PC and copy stuff onto or off it and then put it back into the
Commodore.

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

Twin Serial Ports???? It is a 64.

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

Is there somewhere to put my old 4 1/2 inch floppy?
Benny

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

   You have a floppy that still works?

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

I have never seen a 4 1/2 inch floppy.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

Big belly?

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

I know where my 8 inch floppy is... ;-)

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

No need to mention your boyfriends bits

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

You could come from Sud Africa and have a 3 1/2 stiffy

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

Is dat zo?

Re: Commodore 64 to reboot as 'Phoenix'

Ja tis so.....