Color laser printer

Any NG members have suggestions for good/bad colour laser printers that you
have personally tried.

I am looking to purchase one, for home use.

Jackie

Re: Color laser printer

Budget ?

Re: Color laser printer

Under AUD$1000.

Jackie

you

Re: Color laser printer

that

Jackie,

Just check out any of the Aussie PC mags (APC or PC abUser) for ideas on
what's available.
Also a post in aus.computers or a similar computer related NG might get you
more responses.

AAMOI, I have a Konica-Minolta 2300W (about $700) and have had no problems
with it.  Can connect via parallel port or USB but it is not a network
printer, although you can print from other PCs on your network provided the
host PC is on.  Alternatively you could use a cheap print server.

One thing you will find with all low cost laser printers is the cost of
consumables - pretty high compared to some larger machines.  If you don't
intend to do large amounts of printing, then a sub $1000 colour laser is
probably your best option.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: Color laser printer

Hi Jackie, I have a 5M from HP.  Does quite good colour prints on A4 only
even though it can print A3, but its very expensive to run, so I suggest
avoiding them.

I bought a used Tektronix Phaser recently and it prints beautifully for
about $400 - am waiting to find out how expensive the consumables are.
Might throw it out and get a new colour laser when the time comes depending
on the costs.

cheers
Paul

Re: Color laser printer