Color laser printer

Any NG members have suggestions for good/bad colour laser printers that you have personally tried.

I am looking to purchase one, for home use.

Jackie

Reply to
Jackie

Budget ?

Reply to
uHU

Under AUD$1000.

Jackie

you

Reply to
Jackie

that

Jackie,

Just check out any of the Aussie PC mags (APC or PC abUser) for ideas on what's available. Also a post in aus.computers or a similar computer related NG might get you more responses.

AAMOI, I have a Konica-Minolta 2300W (about $700) and have had no problems with it. Can connect via parallel port or USB but it is not a network printer, although you can print from other PCs on your network provided the host PC is on. Alternatively you could use a cheap print server.

One thing you will find with all low cost laser printers is the cost of consumables - pretty high compared to some larger machines. If you don't intend to do large amounts of printing, then a sub $1000 colour laser is probably your best option.

Cheers, Alan

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Hi Jackie, I have a 5M from HP. Does quite good colour prints on A4 only even though it can print A3, but its very expensive to run, so I suggest avoiding them.

I bought a used Tektronix Phaser recently and it prints beautifully for about $400 - am waiting to find out how expensive the consumables are. Might throw it out and get a new colour laser when the time comes depending on the costs.

cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul and Paula

Hi Paul my name is not Jackie,

I bought a used Tektronix Phaser recently and it prints beautifully for about $400 - am waiting to find out how expensive the consumables are. Might throw it out and get a new colour laser when the time comes depending on the costs.

cheers Paul

Reply to
Eric