Coles Digital Set Top Box

I have just bought a "Music Television"  Model MTV-540STB set top box
from Coles for the incredible price of $75.

I am in WA so I don't know if this is available nationally or just in
WA.

It is a nice neat unit & setting it up is a doddle. Reception appears
to be excellent - but then my analogue reception is also very good so
YMMV.

It even has a RS232 port for firmware upgrades !

Dave

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

Hi Dave,

It's here in Victoria at least - was looking at it myself.

Thanks for the info.

Does it have aspect ratio control on the remote, or do you have to fish
through menus to adjust it?

Thanks again.

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 21:34:32 GMT, "Stuart Palmer"

It has an 'ASPECT' button on the remote - THe manual quotes it as
offering 'Full Screen, Letter box or Pan Scan'.

It even has 3 games built in ! (Tetris, Boxman and Happy Snake)

Dave

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

Cheers again Dave, thanks.

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

If any are ever released!
See http://www.tinshed.com/STB.htm for a list of available updates, for all
models.

So the important question is, have you found any firmware glitches yet?

MrT.

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

"Dave Goldfinch"

**  What are the video options ?

 Has it got  S-Video  or Component Video  ( 3 x RCAs)  ?

 Has it got a SCART socket or a mini-DIN for  S-Video ?

 .........  Phil

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

You need to establish if there are any still available first. When Coles say
"no rainchecks" it means they don't intend to have much stock.

MrT.

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

"Mr.T"     T  = Turd.

 ** CRIMINAL  context snipper   !!!!

 &  CRIMINAL  idiot assumption maker  !!!!

 **  What the  FUCK    for  ????????

.........   Phil

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

Pardon me for assuming your questions had some point to them.

MrT.

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

"Mr.T"  T  = TURD

**  FUCK   YOU   for  PIG  ARROGANTLY  assuming YOU knew the reason.

.........  Phil

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

Yes, it was stupid of me to assume you would ever have a point to your
arguments.

MrT.

Re: Toaster Tosser Boi stalks again - what a hoot!

No, so who ever you have spying on / stalking me Phil is obviously no
horticulturalist.  Keep guessing Toaster Boi the Tosser from Summer Hill.
Better still. why don't you get them to knock on the front door and ask?  Or
are all your Marist Old Boys bum buddies as gutless and as impotent as you
are?
I'll keep my cricket bat handy. :)

BTW: is that a red brick flat you live in?

Re: Toaster Tosser Boi stalks again - what a hoot!

"Alan Rutlidge"

** It that a cockroach infested, single floor terraced dump you live in?

   At least one big ugly rodent lives there for sure.

........  Phil

Re: Toaster Tosser Boi stalks again - what a hoot!

Keep on guessing Toaster Boi.  We all know about your midnight flip from the
Lackey St flat and we also know about that dump of a bed-sit you live in
now.  BTW, when do we get to hear the infamous Turner tape?  Bet it doesn't
exist LIAR!

Re: Phil Allison - a dried out dog's turd

  Seems to be making some kind of point here...

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:08:54 +1100, "Phil Allison"

Hi Phil

Video is limited to Composite and S-VHS.

Audio is analogue stereo and Digital audio.

HTH

Dave

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:08:30 GMT, Dave Goldfinch

The S-VHS socket is a mini-DIN.

Dave

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

"Dave Goldfinch"

  **  Cool.

 That makes it one up on the DSE  budget STUB.

........  Phil

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

"Dave Goldfinch"

 **  Excellent.

  Are you using the S-Video  ?

Re: Coles Digital Set Top Box

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:47:56 +1100, "Phil Allison"

Unfortunately not - my aging TV doesnt have that option.

Hopefully the price of widescreen sets will drop enough for me to
contemplate buying one soon.

Dave

Site Timeline