co2 carbon monoxide alarm, silicon chip kit

Has anyone built that CO2 alarm kit features in 2005 Silicon chip. I
see DSE selling kits for
$49.95. I dont have the article and I cant see what sensor it uses
online from siliconchip
homepage.  Can someone tell me the part number of the sensor so I can
look
up some date on it.  I want to connect it to a data logger to measure
ppm. Not sure
if sensor good enough.    I want to log Sydney CO2 levels, maybe on the
Sydney bypass!

Re: co2 carbon monoxide alarm, silicon chip kit

   Isn't CO2 carbon dioxide, and CO carbon monoxide? I'm confused.

Bob

Re: co carbon monoxide alarm, silicon chip kit

oops my mistake - yes co detector

Re: co carbon monoxide alarm, silicon chip kit

Thanks for the clarification. :-)

Apparently the Silicon Chip design uses a Nemoto sensor. I don't
presently have access to my copy of the magazine to see exactly which
one.

The Nemoto website has quite a lot of info, so check it out at
http://www.nemototech.com/industrial/electrochem.htm

Good luck!

Bob

Re: co carbon monoxide alarm, silicon chip kit

Don't those sensors have a fixed shelf life?, probably the DSE
units are tired by now.

Re: co carbon monoxide alarm, silicon chip kit

thanks for the tip, you are right, a two year shelf life is correct.
Probably why DSE is discounting.

I was told there are newer Sn02 based CO sensors used in professional
CO meters.

cheers!