CMOS Cookbook +++

At the recommendation of someone in this NG, I purchase the CMOS cookbook
and have found it to be a very interesting book.

Is there a similar book that someone can recommend for analog circuits?

JERD

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

Look at "op amp cookbook" by walter jung, not sure when the last reprint
was.

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

The National Semiconductor "Linear Applications Databook" is a classic. One
of the few paper databooks I kept when I got rid of my entire paper
collection.
Huge beast, over 1200 pages. Basically a print of all of National's
Application Notes.
This one:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Although mine looks like this:
http://www.sheadprogramming.com/sp/IMG/NatLinearApp_50.jpg

Dave.

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Some time back in the late eighties when 'Stewart Electronics Components'
(components was spelt that way on their labels) was beginning to fade away,
they had a 'bargain box' and the guy behind the counter insisted that I buy
a bunch of NSC Data books cause they wont be available again....  so I did.
I bought the 1986 Linear Apps book and 1988's Linear Databook 1,2 and 3 for
about $60 all up.
Mark Kelepouris

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Shit, I used to work for them, back in the days.
Any idea when they finally went bust?

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because
Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

Thanks folks for the recommendations!

I have ordered a new copy of the IC Op-Amp cookbook from Amazon - at half
the price I can purchase locally, and a second-hand copy of the Linear
Applications Databook from the UK as this was all that was available. At
A$14, this has got to be a bargain for 1200 pages!

JERD

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

I don't remember the exact year, but the late eighties seems about right,
Rockby grabbed alot/all of their stuff apon their closure.
Looking at the overall picture now, I guess SEC's closure was just the start
(at least around here) of the demise of the counter service I once enjoyed.
Radio Parts in Malvern has now gone too. Dick Smiths in Bridge Rd Richmond
had gone earlier.
I'm so glad I was around in those days though, it was fun as a young
teenager listening and learning from those over the counter. By fuck things
have changed now!!
Now its all for those who know exactly what they want by ordering online.
The guys at Rockby are very helpful but you can tell they prefer non-counter
sales and Jaycar will never be able to provide anything like the good old
days did in terms of knowledge and advice that Dickies and RP did IMO.
Anyway, enough of that bitching,  the CMOS Cookbook was and still is my
bible for basic digital lash-ups.

Mark Kelepouris

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Yep, the good old days have gone, but you have to admit, the ability to post
a technical query widely on a newsgroup is a pretty fair replacement.

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++
(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Not to mention the Web, Google, online commerce, Digikey/Mouser/Farnell
sites and their instant PDF datasheet links etc etc
The resources available for design today have increased countles times with
advances like this.
Good'old days my butt!

Dave.
Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

It's a great resource for an oldie like me!

On the steep side of the learning curve, and enjoying it.

JERD

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

(Amazon.com product link shortened)

Dave, I was there mate, they were the good old days alright lol.
But yep, the available web resources these days is sensational and I guess
it is probably a good thing we dont have to actually look at the odd moron
we have to deal with when ordering on line.
I'll let you know in a couple of decades if I reckon these were another set
of 'good old days' for me if I can.
Cheers,

Mark

Re: CMOS Cookbook +++

Seconded. My copy is an ancient edition, but still useful.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because