Clever

Just saw an ad for a new show on CH9 called "Clever" due to start
Sunday night.
Looks like a Mythbusters/Brainiac style show with a bit of Guiness
World Records thown in.
"How to beat a speed camera while doing 300km/h" is one of the gems.
What are the odds it's be a total shocker?
Appologies for inferring Brainiac is in the same catergory as
Mythbusters!

Dave :)

Re: Clever

Seen it. It's not that interesting. Geogie Parker couldn't control herself.
Then again.... 8)

Re: Clever

Aha. And we all watched "Baywatch" for it's gripping content. Hmmm, may
rethink choice of words.....

Ken

Re: Clever

typical Australian garbage as usual.

Re: Clever

TV shows like Brainiac and Clever are better left to technical
people for the execution, rather than TV personalities pretending
to have a clue. I have a talkaholic engineer friend who starred
in a "Survivor" advert who'd be a natural for the part, he even
has the necessary explosives license.

Re: Clever

"David L. Jones"

** Err  -  the show has been on air for the last two Sundays.

**  It is not really like any of those .

**  It's better than the mindless "Brainiac".

........  Phil

Re: Clever

Almost all the stunts have been taken directly from Brainiac so far. Blowing
up caravans with static electricity, and walking on custard are just two
examples.

Far worse IMO. Both have exactly the same crappy experiments. However the
stupid game format adds nothing at all in "Clever", but the Brainiac girls
provided the only reason to watch either show :-) I certainly won't be
watching any more episodes of "Clever".
(Should be renamed "Stupid", but I guess it's the aussie joke of calling
something the opposite.)

MrT.

Re: Clever

In that case it is a direct ripoff, I have seen both of those stunts on
Brainiac.
That's seriously lame.

It made me watch a few times but the novelty wore off :->
Brainiac was seriously bad.

Mythbusters is still compulsive viewing. Even if they get it
technically wrong sometimes, the characters are great fun, and the
stuff they build is cool.
Where do I get one of Adams "I do all my owns stunts" T-Shirts?

Dave :)

Re: Clever

"David L. Jones"

** Very stupid to take what T wrote literally and without proof -  like
that.

**   MB is unique  -   and Aussie produced too.

......... Phil

Re: Clever

You have proof to the contrary of course! (NOT)

What I said is quite true, as you would well know if you had actually
watched the shows.

MrT.

Re: Clever

"Mr.T"

**   Blatant non sequitur.

**   It was self opinionated crap.

**   More self opinionated crap plus logical fallacies en parade.

.........  Phil

Re: Clever

How can a simple statement of fact be "self opinionated crap"?
(I expect you to give me a definitive answer here, since you are the number
one usenet practicing expert on "self opinionated crap")

For the record then, are *YOU* saying that blowing up a caravan with static
electricity, and walking on custard did *NOT* appear on both shows?
How much money are you willing to put on it, or are you just flapping your
gums as usual?

MrT.

Re: Clever

I have no reason to doubt him, so I'll happily take his word for it
thanks.

If it worries you so much Phil, how about you confirm or deny it had
those segments? You've seen it, right?

Dave :)

Re: PA is an autistic toaster buggering up FUCKWIT

Fuck off Phil.  If it's the Jim Rowe I assume you are referring to, I doubt
if he'd be seen dead talking to an autistic toaster wrecker like you. :P

Re: PA is an autistic toaster buggering up FUCKWIT

Yeah, Phil is showing off again because *the* Jim Rowe talked to him on
the phone a couple of times.
It's all here somewhere:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/browse_frm/thread/b6020023a669091a/6ed0803918569ef8 ?

LMAO!

Dave :)

Dvaid L Jones is a damn LIAR

"David L. Jones"

** Far more than a couple of time and more than a few times in his office at
EA magazine.

**  Like any brainless hee- hawing ass.

.......   Phil

Rutlidge is a Criminal LIAR

"Alan Scumbag Rutlidge"

** The long time staff member and later editor of Electronics Australia
magazine.

The same man who published many "letters to the editor",  devoted a whole
Forum plus follow up and nine individual project articles from me.

That Jim Rowe.

The one who resigned in disgust when the magazine was turned into a rag
called EAT.

.......   Phil

Re: Allison is a Criminal LIAR

So was it Jim that published your kiddie kit oscillator and then didn't pay
you any royalties for it?

Re: Rutlidge is a Criminal LIAR

I bet He rues the day he ever spoke to you instead
of calling security. How typical of you to try and
drag respectable folk in to try and shore up your
bullshit position.

Re: Rutlidge is a Criminal LIAR

Ahhh, memories. I used to look forward to receiving my copy of Electronics
Australia, and Australian Electronics Monthly. How sad that all these years
on we now only have one electronics magazine left. I can understand why he
resigned when EA turned into EAT, which was more or less a copy of T3.

Phil, which project articles did you submit?

Mike

Site Timeline