Chinese text

Any Chinese readers here?

Can anyone tell me what the Chinese text says here?

BTW, it's a solder mask compound.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Try painting it in google translate My scribble is probably bad. It tells me: UV-curable large Yang Gao oil to make :) Tony

Reply to
Tony

I haven't found a way of painting in an image, if that's what you mean.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

It's possible in google translate, if you select Chinese on the left.

or my attempt:

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Two of those glyphs should be merged into one character. Google Translate says for me:

"UV curing male welding oil to make"

Not much better I suppose.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

A Chinese workmate had great trouble in finding the correct English words to explain to me what it says.

It's a UV curable ink for protecting soldering, and it's blue.

The top three characters are the name of the shop, which is literally "Yongfeng Shop".

Peter

Reply to
Pete

My Chinese workmate got back to me with a better translation, after me explaining what the product was for:

?????? means in English:

Ultraviolet curing solder-proof printing ink

Peter

Reply to
Pete

Thanks for the responses guys. I think what you've given me is enough.

The background to this is that I've ordered some from two different eBay suppliers, one of which has now (allegedly) sent me a replacement for one that didn't arrive.

That makes three that I haven't received. I was wondering whether Australian customs might be intercepting it. They're meant to tell me if they do, but perhaps they've been trying to figure out what it is first.

I presume they'd have the sense to get someone to read the Chinese script, and apparently that would give them a good idea.

Maybe it really just is very slow shipping.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I order from China a fair amount and once in a while something either takes forever or just never arrives.

I remember ordering from one of the more sketchy vendors on ebay and they said they shipped it twice. When we were reaching the end of the time limit for disputing a charge I asked them for my money back. I think they never shipped it at all. As long at you get your money back I don't think eBay gives them any grief. I expect at least half the customers never bother to contact them because it can be such a PITA for just $10. So they get bucks for nothing but placing an ad.

--

Rick
Reply to

I ordered something (EPROM programmer from memory) ex-China and it took weeks. When I contacted the seller they asked if I could wait a little longer as it might have been intercepted. It did finally arrive and they had opened the package and removed a hand-burned driver CD before moving it on.

The seller provided a download link to the drivers and told me that they sometimes remove burned CD's.

Paranoid authorities I guess.

Reply to
Clocky

There's a few Chinese-English dictionaries on archive.org - but they're mostly scanned historical books, so may not be much good for modern technical terms.

Reply to
Ian Field

I'm pretty sure it's UV-cured solder-mask ink. It's definitely blue-colored.

Reply to
Steve Goldstein

I finally received one of the packages - the one most recently sent - but it has still taken six weeks to get from Malaysia to Australia (the limited tracking available indicates they did send it when they said they did). Did it go round the world, or something?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Probably the idiots that called my pocket knife a flick knife and opened my hall effect switching device for my motor bike ignition to check it was not a danger to our wellbeing (Probably because it was in an antistatic envelope inside the outer packaging)

Reply to
F Murtz

Can you tell when your customs received it? Maybe a stamp on it or something.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

No - there's nothing marked on it at all. Indeed, I don't think customs even opened it.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

We have a few heat guns for shrink tubing production, the American ones are called 'Heat Gun', but the fancy German ones are called 'Heat Tool'. No sense having your stuff held up because it contains 'gun parts'. Some laws, for example US export laws, on even the most pedestrian of firearm components are draconian.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Just before I received it, and out of frustration at the continuing delay, I ordered another one, to be sent by courier (Toll), so that I could track it. It also didn't arrive on time, and Toll have now conceded that they appear to have lost it after it was sent out for delivery.

Bizarre coincidence?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

NOW you know what is meant by "slow boat to China", and should be re-interpreted as "slow boat to and FROM China".

Reply to
Robert Baer

The stuff seems to reach Australia quickly enough. It's just delivering it to me that takes a long time.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else