Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest - Page 2

Re: Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest

Yes. This, in turn, seems to derive from 12-based number systems. Twelve
is the number of phalanges in the four fingers of one hand (the thumb of
the same hand being used to count them). You can count five consecutive
rounds of twelve using the four fingers plus thumb of the other hand to
remember each round. Thus, 12 * 5 = 60. Of course, this is all
speculative. If we had four phalanges in each finger, instead of three,
we would be more fluent in hexadecimal :-)

Re: Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest

imperial standard?

Nope, there is no such animal as that last.

Thats just plain wrong.

Depends what you call much. Certainly most pom industry has sunk beneath the
waves now.

Re: Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest

standard imperial UNC and UNF ?
BSW (whitworth) BSC (whitworth for cycles, obsolete)
BSP (UK plumbing, and AUS, NZ etc.. )
NPT (US plumbing)

other than camera mounts I know of no new equipment that uses it.

Re: Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest

Hardware shops still sell loads of whitworth most gutter screws and nuts
are still whitworth for instance

Re: Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest

Yes, and in those days we had people and corporations who were prepared
to work hard and take risks.

Re: Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest

But...

It will only work for 6 months, then the BAD CAPS will kick in.
Then it will get the Won't Boot Syndrome, or just crash at random
Intervals.

Re: Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest

Then next year the US will have the fastest (if they haven't yet gone
bankrupt) then it will be China again and so on...........  :)