Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

Anyone know who can do cheap(ish) custom prototype membrane keypads?
i.e. 1-off prototypes.
This is my own money, so $$ count :->

Thanks
Dave.

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

http://www.picofab.net /

They ran an ad in Circuit Cellar a while back.
(5) 4-switch custom membranes / keyboards for $395.

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

FYI, it is also possible to use a simple plastic membrane and have
separate PCB mounted "tactile" switches behind it.

--

John Devereux

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

They'll most likely last longer too.

Graham

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

Yep, already got that in place, just seeing what options there are for
a full membrane.

Thanks
Dave.

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

Hello Dave,

I have used the Farnell "generic" membrane keypads in the past to do a
working mock-up for customer prototypes.
Not too expensive and you can "slip-in" you own labels for button
identification.

Regards,

Andy Wood [the other one..... ;-)..]
www.woodtech.net.au

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

Dave,

Here a link to the Farnell product:

http://tinyurl.com/2tj5fc

Regards,

Andy Wood
www.woodtech.net.au

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

Hey, what do you mean "the other one"? I'm the other one...

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

I had a showbag from some Kiwi company that makes F&P membrane keypads:
It had a tiny alphanumeric matrix keypad in it as a free sample, I'll
see if I can dig it up and let you know who the agent is.

Re: Cheap-ish Membrane keypad prototypes?

Permark: www.permark.co.nz  I've never bought off them but if the sample
bag with keypads in it is any example, there'll be one suitable in it if
you can talk them out of some samples.

Site Timeline